Saturday, January 25, 2014

Little Miss Muffet - Special Super Saturday

Good morning!  Happy Saturday!  Hope your weekend is off to a great start!  It's going to be a busy day on my blog today!  I have a few different DT projects to share, so I hope you won't get tired of me before I'm done! If you are looking for my Sketch Saturday DT post, please scroll up one post.  OK, so first up is a special Super Saturday post for the Little Miss Muffet DT.  We have some awesome guests joining us and we have a very special fundraiser going on, too!  Barbara's daughters, Cassandra and Lydia, are participating in a "Jump Rope for Heart" activity at their school, where the kids learn jump rope skills and raise money for the American Heart Association.  It's a cause that has a close connection for the girls as their cousin, Ryker, had open heart surgery when he was just 6 months old.  You can read more about him and the fundraiser on the Little Miss Muffet blog today.

Barbara has drawn a special new image with Ryker as the inspiration.  He is Polka Dot Pals Ryker and what a cutie he is!  The image is now available in the Little Miss Muffet Stamps store.  The cool thing is that Little Miss Muffet Stamps is going to donate $2.00 to Cassandra and Lydia's fundraiser for every PDP Ryker purchase!  If you care to contribute to the fundraiser, there is also information on the blog on how to donate directly to the American Heart Association via the girls' fundraiser pages.

One more thing before I show you my card with PDP Ryker.  If you purchase PDP Ryker, you'll also get two other special images.  They were actually drawn by Cassandra and Lydia themselves and entered into a T-Shirt Design Contest for next year's Jump Rope for Heart campaign.  Check out the blog to see what these two talented young ladies created!

Finally, here is my card:


My card base and mats are SU Island Indigo and the patterned papers are from the My Mind's Eye Collectable "Notable" 6x6 pad.  Please don't laugh too hard or cringe, but I decided to give a go at giving Ryker a little face. My drawing skills definitely leave something to be desired, but I hope with some practice, I can get better.  The first time is always the worst, I guess.  I colored the whole image with my Copics.  The sentiment is from Create With TLC.  I finished my card with just a simple bow of Baker's Twine.

Here is a close-up of the colored image:


Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to visit the Little Miss Muffet blog and check out all the details of our special Super Saturday event!

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Tuesday Morning Sketches #233 (sketch)
Fab 'n' Funky Challenge #200 (words)
Charisma Cardz Challenge #2 (it's a boy thing)

Here is TMS-233:


Have a great day!
Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. Carla, your card is adorable. Perfect sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carla, this is such a fab card. I love the face you gave Ryker, you did such a good job. Thank you so much for all your efforts xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card sweetie love the image & colours. As for your colouring its fab hun espec his face I think you did a totally awesome job!!!

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super card, Carla. You did a great job with the face...something I'm positive I couldn't do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Carla, wow Ryker looks a picture! Great job on the face, the eyes are gorgeous!!! Love your card, have a fab weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on the face, Carla! :^) And great job on the entire card--it is so cute! Love the DP & color palette! Love that perfect sentiment with the image, too! And you are really a busy girl today! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your coloring of his face is wonderful!! Awesome card!!
    Thanks for playing along with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card Carla! Those eyes are so expressive - nicely done. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Carla, I hope you don't mind that a comment on all three at once, I'm totally impressed with your coloring skills on this little fella. I looked at him before and you turned him into a real person so to speak. I love his chubby cheeks the most, LOL!
    Between this one and your beautiful all white with a the pop of red card you can certainly see you can rise to any challenge for sure!! All three are gorgeous in their own right and I'll bet you're happy Saturday is behind you. Terrific work girlie, Cheers ;)Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carla that's such a sweet card. Love that great sentiment and it's perfect for our current challenge. Thanks for joining us at the Fab 'n' Funky Challenge this week. Good luck! Hugs, Wends ~ Fab 'n' Funky DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Carla what a wonderful job you did with his face. I just don't think I can do that. Lovely...Hugz, joann

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla