Thursday, July 26, 2012

You Are Missed

Good morning!  Happy Thursday!  Hope you've had a good week so far!  Only one day away from the weekend now - we're on the home stretch!  I'm here early today to share the card I made for this week's Mo's DP2 Challenge #145.  The fun theme this time is "in the dog house".  My card is also for Sketch Saturday #217, Just Us Girls Challenge #146 (color challenge) and Simon Says Stamp (anything goes).

Here is SS-217:

and here is the JUGS Color Inspiration:


Here is my card for the challenges:


I used SU Island Indigo cardstock and layered the sketch panels with patterned papers from the My Mind's Eye Indie Chic Nutmeg 6x6 pad.  The colors were a perfect match to the JUGS colors!  My adorable Mo's image is Honey's Greeting.  You can find it in Mo's old store here.  I printed Honey on Cryogen White and colored with my Copics.  I didn't blend smoothly on the cute pup so it would look more like fur.  I'm not sure how successful that attempt was, but that is where I was going.   I added a bit of Yellow Stickles to the towel and the collar.  My sentiment is from Paulette at Create With TLC.  A couple of Crushed Curry ribbon tags, a triple-loop bow of dyed seam binding and a Webster's Pages Whimsy Heart finished my card.

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great day and hope to see you soon!
Photobucket

20 comments:

  1. I think your fur (hee hee - your fur) looks great! Another one out the park, Carla!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ADorable card Carla! Love the papers you used and the heart is PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that image, Carla! Great card and beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Priceless!!!! I love the image, paper and of course your fantastic coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh look at his said eyes,poor thing!!
    Great card Carla!
    XXX Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this is adorable. The color scheme worked perfectly for this card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is gorgeous! Love the darling image and the beautiful papers are awesome. Love the way it all works together perfect for a wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That DP is perfect!! Darling image and wonderfully coloured too :) Thanks for joining us at JUGS this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. AWWWWW such a cutie pie, I LOVE this paper Carla...BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. now i so love this....awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww precious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Carla, what a great take on the sketch again! Love it! The papers are perfect for your color requirements! And you did a super job of coloring the dog! Wonderful card! :^)
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweet image and you've used great papers and ribbons. Love that great button, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE the papers and colors you chose to show off this adorable doggie! Thanks so much for playing with us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Carla, He is just adorable such a darling image, have nit seen that one. Great job coloring and love your layout and the dp is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Darling card! As usual colored beautifully! Thanks for joining in at JUGS~

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my! That dog is soooo cute (and that's saying a lot. I'm a cat person.). I love his expression.

    Great take on the sketch. Great coloring of the dog. Great card. Yep.

    Great.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card! I also love the designer paper. You colored the image perfectly. I love seeing what everyone created in the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Carla, I love this image and your coloring and papers are always so perfect. Love it !!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oooh he looks so adorable! I love how the blanket matches the background paper.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card! Lovely pup and fabulous colours!
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla