Saturday, July 14, 2012

Gettin' Ready

Good morning!  Happy Saturday!  Hope your weekend is off to a great start!  It's looking like it will be a  nice day today so I'm anxious to get outside.  Hope it won't be too hot.  Before I get going, I'm here to post my final project as Featured Designer at Jackson's Digital Expressions.  Many thanks to Chana, Robert and the whole JDE team for inviting me to showcase the new images in the July Release this week!  It's been a blast!

My last card features Gettin' Ready Girl:


I started with a card base of SU Buckaroo Blue and layered with pretty patterned papers from the Webster's Pages Let's Celebrate/All About Me/Western Romance Petite Papers Pack.  I thought these papers also went well with the optional color challenge this week.  My image is Gettin' Ready Girl  from Fine Arts by Robert Jackson.  You can find it in the Lil Folks section of Robert's store here.  I printed her on Copic X-Press It Blending Card and colored her with my Copics.  The sentiment is from Paulette at Create With TLC.    I didn't want to cover up the papers so I didn't add any more embellishments.

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great weekend and hope to see you soon!
Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. Those Webster Pages papers are so pretty and your coloring looks just stunning Carla! Lots of fun! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carla, this is just about the cutest thing I've ever seen....that image is adorable and of course your coloring is perfection. I love, love, love those papers from Websters Pages...they are a perfect compliment to the entire creation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Carla, this card is just adorable! Love the image and the papers are perfect without embellies! Great coloring, too! Paulette's sentiment is so cute with the image, too! :^)
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Carla,what a sweetie,love it!!
    XXX Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG this is adorable. I love the image and the papers and coloring is perfect! Love it Carla! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so stink in' cute Carla!! Love that image and the patterned paper...oh my, need some of that :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. :):):) Soooo funny and totally gorgeous!!!! LOve the stamps!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness Carla, this image is so adorable! You've coloured it up beautifully as usual, and the papers/colours are beautiful :)S

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carla- I so love this card and I LOVE how you interpreted the image with your choice of sentiments... so perfect! Great card...! xxx Ann Marie

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is positively precious Carla! I so have missed your creativity and inspiration - what a wonderful sentiment to pair with such an adorable image!!
    I can't seem to find your email but wanted to thank you for such a wonderful card you sent me- it has truly made me smile and it's on my foyer end table for all to see and to greet me during the day when I need a pick me up. Thank you so much for thinking of me and sending me some encouragement when I need it the most. You truly are a wonderful friend!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sweet, Carla. I love this cute little image and your adorable sentiment. Wonderful card.
    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Carla - this is just as cute as they come - out of this world image. Your coloring is always grand and the design and papers are perfect for this cutie!!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a cute, cute image and I see why you didn't want to cover the paper. It's terrific!

    Gosh, it was good to get some sun this weekend. Hope you did, too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey, Carla! I just wanted to stop by and thank you for being our Featured Designer this week. Your mad Copic skills and uncanny eye for color,composition, and detail made it possible for you to present all of Robert's Images in outstanding and very complimentary design creations. We are so very grateful! Thanks for being a friend!
    Major League Hugz,
    Chana
    Robert Jackson and The Expressions Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  15. That has to be one of the cutest darn images I've seen in awhile! I just love her chubby little legs and arms. Your coloring is amazing and adore the paper you've used.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla