Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Jackson's Digital Expressions - Featured Designer

Good morning!  Happy Tuesday!  I'm off to a bit of a late start this morning.  We had some really severe thunderstorms last night and I had all the computers off, just in case.  Luckily, we got some much needed rain, but no damage, at least where I am.  Today is starting off cooler but really muggy!

Anyway, I'm here to share the card I made for Jackson's Digital Expressions.  I am excited to have been invited to be a featured designer this week as part of their big July Release Party!  I will be sharing cards this week that I've made with the new images that were released in July.  Today's Anything Goes Challenge #12 has an optional color inspiration.

Here are the colors:


Here is my card:


I got in the right color families, but I have a bit more pink than the red in the photo inspiration.  I started with a card base of SU Not Quite Navy and layered patterned papers from the Kaisercraft Miss Nelly 6.5x6.5 pad.  My elegant image is Vintage Hat V from Fine Arts by Robert Jackson. You can find it in the Vintage section of Robert's store here. I printed it on Copic X-Press It Blending card and colored it with my Copics.  I added a bit of White Opal Liquid Pearls to her jewelry and around the scalloped frame.  Otherwise I kept my embellishments to a minimum.  The sentiment is from Create With TLC.  It is part of the Retail Therapy which you can find in Paulette's store here.

I used Jen Del Muro's July Sketch For You To Try (SFYTT) for my layout:


My card is also for Copic Challenge #47 on Suzanne Dean's Color Me Creative Classroom which is to color with navy and/or dark blues.

Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to visit Jackson's Digital Expressions blog and check out all the fantastic DT creations and all the events that are part of the July Release!  There are lots of challences to win fabulous prizes!

Have a great day and hope to see you soon!
Photobucket

21 comments:

  1. Carla, this is gorgeous as always! Glad everything is ok there after the storms....we are supposed to get some much needed rain later today. Our garden is almost burned up from the heat ... will welcome the rain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How super Carla I have just purchased one of Mr Jacksons images , this one is fabulous well done Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi sweetie this is just simply stunning, love the colours that you have used too, gorgeous work, hugs Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on being featured!!! Your card is gorgeous! Love how you colored this image!!
    Cheers!
    G

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carla, what an honor to be featured! Congratulations! :^) Love your take on the sketch--and the color palette and patterns you used are very pretty! Great coloring of image, and the added pearls really pop! :^)
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully elegant and I like your take on the colours :) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card and fabulous coloring too. I love the colors and papers you used and the image is also beautiful. Great job Carla!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carla, this is so beautiful and elegant. Congrats on GDT. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Verg elegant card! Love the colors you chose! Have a great Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is gorgeous. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Carla, your cards are always fabulous. Thanks so much for being there for us at Jackson's Digital Expressions, we truly appreciate all that you do.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this image and that lady sure has style. Love that hat. Great card, Carla.
    We had the rain but not the storms. Has it ever cooled down? We better enjoy it while we can because it (heat) will be back soon enough.Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Carla, every once in awhile a simply beautiful image comes along and this is no exception. You have made it come alive with your talent, gorgeous. :)S

    ReplyDelete
  14. Soo beautiful Carla. :-) The blue and pink are so lovely together and I just love Roberts silhouette style images. Congrats on your Featured Designer spot! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeous Carla - just gorgeous. I love the papers and the colors you have used. Congratulations on your featured designer honor. Very well deserved I might add. Your coloring is outstanding - this is really a work of art.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really love this one Carla! So elegant!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on being the Featured Designer! You so deserve it since you rock! :D

    I love the elegant image and the wonderful color palette you used. Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful job:-) Thank you for joining us at CMC
    Hugs
    michele

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh wow, love the great image, the colors and the dp you used with this sketch! Fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your coloring is just gorgeous Carla! I love seeing your beautiful cards! TFS!
    Thank you for joining us at CMC!
    Hugs,
    Marie XX

    ReplyDelete
  21. Carla, you made some wonderful cards for your Spotlight at Jackson's Digital Expressions, but this one is my favourite!
    It's so elegant and the colours you used is just lovely!
    Thanks for inspiring me!
    Rene

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla