Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Diva

Good morning!  Happy Tuesday!  Hope your day has started off great!  We had some thunderstorms yesterday and I think we can expect some more rain today.  It's keeping the temperatures down and giving our poor grass a drink, so it's all OK.  Before I move on with the day, I'm popping in to share the card I made for the Jackson's Digital Expressions July Release challenges.  Challenge #14 this week is anything goes with the twist to use a coloring medium.  My card also fit the first July release challenge (#11), which was to feature any flowers except roses.

Here is my card:


I started with a card base of Elegant Eggplant and layered with patterned papers from the Memory Box Viola 6x6 pack.  My elegant image is Diva by Fine Arts by Robert Jackson.  You can find her in the Females section of Robert's store here.  I printed her on Copic X-Press It and colored her with my Copics.  I added Star Dust Stickles to her shawl and headband and Purple Stickles to her gown.  The sentiment is from Paulette at Create With TLC.  No roses here, just a Wild Orchid Crafts Gardenia and two Cherry Blossoms to finish off my card.

Here is a close of the Diva:


Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great day and I hope to see you back soon!
Photobucket

19 comments:

  1. OMG!! I loooooove her dress!!! Gorgeous!!!!
    Cheers!
    G

    ReplyDelete
  2. What?! Carla, you so killed this! (sorry, I couldn't come up with a more proper way to express just how freakin awesome I think this card is!) That dress is phenomenal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG...FABULOUS! This is one of my favorite JDE images and I LOVE how you did your card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Carla! I love this! I mean I just love it and I love the way you combined two challenges. Girl, this is a slam dunk and another one for you in the Robert Jackson Hall of Fame! Thanks for being so wonderful with Robert's Images! That gown is Da Bomb!!!
    Stupendous Hugs,
    Chana, DT Coordinator
    Jackson's Digital expressions

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, oh what wonderful memories this brings back. I had a dress almost identical to this one. Was oh so slim back then and headed out to a formal military dining in. That sentiment is soooo true cause we sure weren't rich......LOL Thanks for sharing your gorgeous card Carla. So nice to starting to get back into the swing of things. "Hugs"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Carla, I love this! Such beautiful colors, great coloring, and the sparkles! Oh, my! It just makes this card! (The sentiment is perfect with this!) :^)
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is fabulous and gorgeous too Carla.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carla, great job on this beautiful card. The gown with the Stickles looks just like a real gown would.


    Talking about our weather, my dil's parents house was hit by lightning around 7:00 p.m yesterday (Huntsville area) and destroyed by fire. Unbelievable and very sad.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carla this is really nice. I like how you showcased Robert's image with all the sparkles. Thanks for playing along at Jackson's Digital Expressions

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carla, your card is stunning! Thanks for joining us at Jackson's Digital Expressions.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Carla, you never fail to amaze me - this is totally beautiful. Again, thanks so much for continuing to participate in and support our challenges at Jackson's Digital Expressions.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG! that is gorgeous!!!!! Thanks for playing along with us at JDE; good luck

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now is she just a gorgeous diva! Love love love how you've done her dress...amazing

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow this is beautiful Carla and her dress looks amazing!!!!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh what a stunning card girl! This is over the top gorgeousness. WOW, just WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so elegant! Gorgeous, beautiful card.

    WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is absolutely beautiful. Great coloring and sentiment. Thanks for joining us for this "Anything Goes" challenge at Jackson Digital Expressions. Good luck and please join us again soon for future challenges. xx Rachelle JDE DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Georgeous, great job on the whole card. This diva image is one of my favorites. Thanks for joining us at Jacksons Digital Expressions.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla