Monday, July 2, 2012

Celebration

I'm back with another quick post tonight.  I'm catching up on all the things I didn't get to do over the weekend.  My card is for a bunch of challenges I like to do. It worked out great that several had similar themes.  So here goes. My card is for the Papertake Weekly Challenge #69 (sketch), Joan's Gardens Challenge #24 (red, white and blue, celebration, tag, stripes), Kenny K.'s Krafty Krew Challenge #100 (patriotic- use colors of your flag), Simon Says Stamp Challenge (sporty or patriotic), Stamptacular Sunday Challenge #170 (red, white and blue and sparkle), Incy Wincy Designs Challenge (patriotic- use colors of your flag), Love to Create Challenge #22 (stars and stripes) and the Copic Challenge #46 on Suzanne Dean's Color Me Creative Classroom (big hair).  Phew!!

Here is the Papertake Weekly sketch:


Here is my card for all the challenges:


I started with a card base of GKD Red Hot and layered red, white and blue patterned papers from the October Afternoon Sidewalks and School Days 8x8 pads.  I was able to get my stars and stripes in with these papers.  My sassy image is Jasmine from Kenny K.  I printed her on Copic X-Press It Blending Card and colored her with my Copics.  I added sparkle to her top, shoes and glasses with Red Stickles and a Red Spica pen.  I made the silver buttons shine with a Letraset Metallic Marker.  I also added Glossy Accents to her glasses.

Here is a close-up of Jasmine:



The sentiment is from the Have Yourself A set from Create With TLC.  You can find it in Paulette's store here.  I made it into a tag and tied it with some Baker's Twine.  A bit of stitched navy ribbon finished my card.

Thanks for stopping by again.  I appreciate your visits so much!  Hope to see you again soon!
Photobucket

28 comments:

  1. Carla, the image is beautiful, the papers are beautiful and your coloring is always gorgeous. Great job on this beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's stylin' in her sparkly top! Fantastic job with that great sketch and your coloring looks amazing. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Carla :-) The image is lovely and the colours and papers are fab :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp and Papertake Weekly Challenges :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card fab image wonderfully coloured, thanks for sharing with us at Love to Create Challenge this week, Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. great colouring love the sketch too thanks for joining us at stamptacular this week

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is adorable. Love your coloring. Wow, you got quite a few challenges in there, how about pile it on?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous colouring Carla, great colours and sketch too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous card Carla, a great design and colour. Your Kenny K image is stunning and fabulous colouring.

    hugs Heather xx
    Thanks so much for joining with us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card! Your coloring is amazing! Thanks for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carla, what a sassy and chic card! Love the glitter! Thank you for adding your talent to the Kenny K Krafty Krew challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another stunning card Carla!! Love your papers with your beautifully colored image! Thanks for sharing with us at Love to Create Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now here is a beauties. Just love your coloring. Thanks for stopping by and leaving the sweet comments. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card. I love your coloring and layering.

    I also that image. She isn't over-the-top (pun intended).

    ReplyDelete
  14. Carla, super duper coloring of this cute image--love all the little details! You chose some wonderful papers and your take on the sketch is terrific! I love this card! :^)
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this sassy little card! That girl has attitude! Gorgeous!
    Hugs,
    Marie XX

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sweet card, Carla. Your image is so fabulous and I love all the patriotic colors.
    Huga,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  17. Morning sweetie this is just gorgeous, huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Carla! I hope you have a wonderful 4th of July celebration and are enjoying at least a little cool off! Your card is just perfection! Love your coloring gf!!! You are amazing!!! Look at you and all these challenges too!!! WTG!!!!!

    Take care!
    hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  19. Whew is right...lots of challenges...go, Carla!
    Your card is super and the coloring is awesome..just look at that hair.

    Have a great 4th...just doesn't seem right being in the middle of the week. Stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
  20. AWESOME card, love the sketch you have chosen to use and this making your card a C&S look! fabulous.... Great to see you at Incy Wincy this week, hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Carla, well as good as this card looks on our blog, I would bet that it is even better in 'real life', it's such a shame that the camera doesn't pick up stuff like glossy accents and your use of the silver pen very well! I love the way you have coloured Jasmine, she is one of my favourite Kenny K images so Good Luck in this weeks challenge and I hope that we will see you again real soon for another challenge on our blog,
    Take Care
    Andy
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. You make the most out of your projects,MF you should give classes on it.
    I've been catching up on your cards here and I continue be amazed by your unquestionable talent.
    Here in NE, we're enjoying some truly comfortable weather.....I'm sure the heat wave will catch up with us in a few days. But right now, it's a lovely 65 degrees after a nice soft summer rain.
    Sending big hugs hoping all is well with you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful coloring and great take on the sketch.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  24. love the faded jeans! this is so pretty and festive, Carla!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fabulous card! I love your coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Carla what a beautiful card those papers are so pretty , what a fab image and your colouring is superb well done Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fab red, white and blue card Carla! I really love the paper combo you used!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lovely colors and stamp you've used thank you for joining our challenge at SSC this week

    Hugs Winnie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla