Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Stella and Luna

Good morning!  Happy Tuesday!  Hope your week is off to a great start!  I was out all day yesterday and will be out a lot of today, too, but before I head out, I wanted to share a card I made with another fun MayzyArt image. I was thrilled when Mayzy told me she was featuring my blog on her blog today!  My card today is for Friday Sketch Challenge #22, Jackson's Digital Expressions #15 (anything goes) and Digital Tuesday #170 (photo inspiration).

Here is the sketch:


And here is the photo inspiration:


Here is my card:


I took my inspiration from the soft purple, peach and blue colors in the photo.  I started with a card base of SU Chocolate Chip and layered with patterned papers from the Basic Grey What's Up 6x6 pad.  My sweet image is Stella and Luna from MayzyArt.  She can be found in Mayzy's Etsy shop here.  I printed her on Copic X-Press It and colored her with my Copics.  I added a bit of Stickles her and there for a little sparkle.  A few roses and aster daisies from Wild Orchid Crafts and three adhesive pearls from my stash finished my card.

Here is a close-up of the image:



Here are links on my blog to a few other cards or projects I've made with Mayzy's fun images: Shawna With Latte, Rosebud the Fairy, Lemon Lucy, Let's Party and Berry Betty.

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope to get back later and check out all your blogs.  I've missed visiting these last couple of days!

Have a good one and see you soon!
Photobucket

26 comments:

  1. Fantastic card and coloring! Congrats on being featured at Mayzys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple gorgeous Carla and congrats!
    XXX Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, love the image and super papers. Thanks for taking part in Friday Sketch Challenge.
    Shirley xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! I love the papers and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty paper and I do like this sketch. Very nice card Carla.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute image and card. Wonderful coloring especially on her hair. that is a tough one for me but you seem to have it down pat. Good for you. You captured elements of the inspiration photo nicely. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. absolutley gorgeous, love the name!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful coloring of that cute image. I love how you did her pleats. I get so confused by them.

    Great color choices and design!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your coloring is gorgeous! Love those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great image and beautifully coloured! Good choice of papers too! Thanks for joining us at Friday Sketch Challenge. Good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, Carla, sweetie! Thank you for all the encouragement you give me! You are an inspiration. Love your card and your coloring is FAB!
    Hugz,
    Roxann

    ReplyDelete
  12. Carla, your cards are always fabulous. I love everything about this beautiful card and fun image. I love this one and need to print mine off and get it colored. Awesome design.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Carla!
    Love your card!!! Love how you pulled all the patterns together!!! Such a cool take on the sketch and of course your coloring is always awesome!!!

    Hope your summer is going well!!!
    hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love how you've used that Basic Grey paper. One of my favs and of course you've made her look awesome.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another wonderful card, Carla! Great take on the sketch! Beautiful coloring and papers--I love it! :^)
    Congratulations on the feature--you so deserve it! :^)
    Big hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a gorgeous card! I love your coloring as always. Seems like I'm always saying that, but it is what it is! Also love the beautiful papers. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oops....

    Cute, cute, cute...love that wonderful layout and the sweet image.
    How super to have your blog featured...congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So darling, Carla. Such a sweet image and beautifully colored. I love the DPs and your card design is fabulous.
    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  20. Carla, this card is fabulous. Thanks so much for joining us at Jackson's Digital Expressions.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You have created another stunner! Love the colors!!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the sketch - pretty card!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nice take on the sketch! That digi is só cute. I love the Mayzy Art stamps. Your colouring and the colours of the papers and flowers match beautifully. Thanks for joining the Friday Sketch Challenge. Hugs, Jacqueline (DT - FSC)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very nice job Carla, your work is always inspiring. Thanks for joining us at JDE.

    ReplyDelete
  25. gorgeous card, love your image and colours, love what you've done with the sketch.
    Thanks for joining us at Friday Sketch Challenge
    Hugs Debs

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi, Carla! I don't know how I missed this beauty! Good thing I always double check! (LOL) This is really gorgeous! Thanks so much for your support of Jackson's Digital Expressions! We so enjoy your work!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla