Thursday, July 12, 2012

Big Birthday

Hi again!  I finished up with all my appointments so I'm popping back in to share a card I made for a couple of challenges I like to do.  I knew I would miss the deadlines if I didn't get it posted today.  It's for Kenny K's Krafty Krew Challenge #102 (big birthday), Oozak Challenge #4 (bright colors), Love to Create Challenge #23 (photo inspiration) and Sketch Saturday #215.

Here is SS-215:

Here is the photo inspiration for LTC-23:


Here is my card for all the challenges:


I started with a card base of SU Basic Black and layered with bright birthday papers from Moxxie's It's Your Day collection.  The fun image is OMG from Kenny K.    I printed her on Copic X-Press It Blending Card and colored her with my Copics.  I added some sparkle with a Letraset Metallic Silver pen, Spica Pens and a bit of Stickles here and there.

Here is a close-up of the image:


For the birthday numbers, I added lots of Turquoise Stickles to numbers from an adhesive alpha set in my stash.  The sentiment is from Paulette at Create With TLC.  A few turquoise rhinestones from my stash finished my "big birthday" card.

Thanks for stopping by!  I'll have a few things to share over the next day or two so I hope to see you again soon!
Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. Fabulous card with great coloring of that super-cute Kenny K image! Fun design too with great layers.

    Way to go to meet all those challenges! I meant to enter a few and just did not get there this week. Ah well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carla, super nice bright cheerful card for someone's 60th. Love those papers and your coloring is spectacular. Way to go girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carla! This really is a fun card! I love the bright, happy colors! Really terrific coloring too! Thank you for celebrating with us at Kenny K's Krafty Krew!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your coloring is so amazing! I love the shading and hilites you achieved on this! Very cool card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super job on that image Carla. :-) The birthday candle paper is really fun. :-) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that card!! Made me smile as soon as I seen it. Thanks for sharing with us at Love to Create Challenge!!
    Z

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOWZER! Carla love your coloring. Wonderful bright colors. Love all the candles and the dp. The image is just awesome.
    Hugs, Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing card Carla! Love love love the colors you've used and all of the patterns are just awesome.

    Shelby

    and thanks for joining us at KKKK for our Big Birthdays...good luck

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, so cool, Carla! The recipient wouldn't even mind turning 60 with a card like this! Great coloring on a fantastic image--love her! And I love your take on the sketch, as usual! :^)
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute and cool! I like your numbers with all the Stickles on them..makes it really stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Carla!
    What a fun birthday card! I have to agree with Penny, with such a pretty fun card, turning 60 wouldn't be bad. Great coloring job as well.
    Jodi :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super colourwork and I love your candle stripes! We are delighted you joined us at Sketch Saturday this week. Hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab bright colours and I do like the image, she must have slipped me by, going to add her to my list of ones to get hehe

    Good luck with the hop and thank you for joining in with KennyK :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fabulous card! I love the image and you have coloured it beautifully! Thanks for sharing at Love to Create! Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fab card, Love that image. Thank you for joining us at Oozak challenges :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla