Monday, July 16, 2012

Need Coffee!

Good morning!  Happy Monday!  Hope your week is off to a great start!  Once I had a couple of cups of my favorite coffee, I was good to go!  Before that, not so much!  I'm popping in to share the project I made for the MayzyArt Challenge #5 - Anything But A Card.   I often have a tough time with these challenges as I'm really a card person, but for this one, I knew right away what I wanted to do.

Here is my project:


I'm going to show a couple more views because it was really hard to get good pics of this for some reason.  I  covered a recycled coffee bag with patterned paper from the My Mind's Eye Wild Asparagus 12x12 pad.  I used another of the papers for the band around the bag where the label was.  My cute image is Shawna With Latte from MayzyArt.  I printed her on Cryogen White and colored her with my Copics.   The fun sentiment is from Paulette at Create With TLC.  I printed it out and cut it into single words.  I thought this would make perfect for a gift of whole bean coffee for one of my coffee addict friends!

Here is a close-up with the sentiment:


And finally a close-up of just Shawna:


I am also entering my card in the Charisma Cardz Challenge #27 (recycle something - I recycled the coffee bag) and the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge #194 (food and drink). 
Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great day and hope to see you soon!
Photobucket

22 comments:

  1. Beautiful bookmark. I love those colors together and as always you have colored her beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I declare, Carla...your creativity is an amazement to me! This is beautiful and who would have thought to use a coffee bag, lol....the image is too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carla, your coloring is always phenomenal! I love the rich red of her skirt! Go you for recycling, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just too cute! I love anything coffee and makes a great bookmark!
    Hugs,
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just came back to wish you a happy belated anniversary!
    Hugs,
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow fabolous project Carla!
    XXX Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! Great coloring Carla! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is darling. I love the image and your coloring is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carla, this is a fantastic idea! Love the papers and the coloring! Perfect with that sentiment! :^)
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is SO cute! I love all the clever things folks come up with when cards are out. I certainly hadn't thought of a coffee bag. It's excellent!! And I adore that sentiment. :o)

    Thanks for joining the MayzyArt Challenge!

    ~Mayzy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great bag for a gift of coffee....love the image and your great coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great idea with the recycled coffee bag. I guess this is why it is a challenge...we sometimes have to step out of our card making comfort zone. :-) Cute sentiment, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. now THAT is cute and so clever! love it (-:

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderfully creative idea! Love it and of course you've colored her beautifully and looks like she is coming right off the page.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a creative idea! Love your coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are so very creative Carla, what will be next ???
    :)S

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Carla I love what you have done with her. Those colors are so pretty together I really love the reds you did for her skirt. Thanks for joining MayzyArt challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome altered coffee bag, Carla. Your image is adorable and love your coloring.
    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  19. It is a wonderful gift idea Carla! How in the world does one go about covering a coffee bag with paper. I wold make one big mess I am sure. Fantastic idea and wonderfully done!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous, love your color choices! Thanks for playing with us at MayzyArt.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you so much for joining us at The Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge with absolutely amazing creation its just perfect,

    I hope you will try to join us again next week,

    Have a lovely week,
    Hugs Bridget SCSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful way to personalize a bottle of something as a hostess gift! Baileys for my coffee, for me! Thanks for joining us at MayzyArt!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla