Friday, July 13, 2012

Guylou's Inimitability - Same Old Song and Dance

Hello!  Happy Friday!  If all goes as planned, this will post in the wee hours of Friday and I will still be sleeping!  I am here to share my DT card for the new challenge at Guylou's Inimitability.  Yours truly is the hostess this time and the theme I've chosen is "same old song and dance" - your creation should have something to do with singing or dancing.

Here are the challenge details:
Challenge Deadline:
You have until 10:00 PM (EDT) on July 26th to link your project to the Inlinkz at the end of the challenge post.
How to participate:
You may enter only ONE project per challenge, but if you use a Guylou's Inimitability digistamp, your project will count for two entries.  If you don't have one of Guylou's digistamps, you can check the online store where several freebies are available.  
Challenge Prizes:
A winner will be selected randomly and will win:
1. A $10.00 gift certificate from Guylou's online store
2. An invitation to be a Guest Designer on one of our upcoming challenges
Our Guest Designer for this challenge is: Lorraine
Lorraine was the winner of our recent Tag, You're It challenge and was invited to join us this week. Check out Lorraine's gorgeous project on Guylou's Inimitability Blog.

Here is my card: 


I started with a card base of SU Soft Sky and layered with patterned papers from the My Mind's Eye Follow Your Heart Be Happy 6x6 pad and a Prima Madeline 12x12 sheet (music).  My fun image is Leah Singing from Guylou's Inimitability.  I printed her on Copic X-Press It Blending Card and colored her with my Copics.  I added some Fruit Punch Stickles to the stars on her pants and scarf.

Here is a close-up of Leah:

My sentiment is from Create With TLC.  It is part of the Music...Good Vibrations set in Paulette's store here.  Since I had lots of layers, I decided not to add any more embellishments.

My card is also for Stamptacular Sunday #171 (sketch challenge):



Be sure to visit Guylou's Inimitability blog and check out the gorgeous creations from the rest of the DT and our guest designer, Lorraine! We hope you will be inspired to play along with our "song and dance" challenge!  This our last challenge until September 6 as we are taking a break over the summer, so don't miss out on your chance to join in!

Thanks for stopping by!  See you soon!
Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. Hi Carla what a great card !!
    XXX Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow this is such a great eye catching design. I love all of the soft teals used as the accent color and of course your coloring is awesome.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors and patterned papers--yummy! :^)
    Great job with the image, too! :^)
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your fabulous card and love those colours too.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful 'song and dance' card, Carla. Love all the layers and wonderful colors in this card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice challenge idea Carla! I love your card as always and in particular I love the colour palette you chose. :)S

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous!!! I am so happy to have you on my team, your creations are also so beautiful!!! Thanks for your great support!!!
    Cheers!
    G

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome card, Carla. Love that image and you colored her wonderfully. Gorgeous card design and papers.
    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card Carla. I love the aqua colors you used! And your papers are gorgeous! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is beautiful. Love the colors! What a fun theme.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the pastel shades on this card. All your cards are just beautiful.

    Arwedd xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this sketch you used. Fabulous papers; the soft colors are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That sketch caught my eye too but I haven't used it. Those papers are some of my favorites. Great card Carla!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a fab card, love the colors you used for this card, lovely image too fab take on the sketch too thank you for playing along this week at SSC

    Hugs Winnie DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla