Thursday, July 12, 2012

Quiet Friends

Good morning!  Happy Thursday!  I am so excited we are one day nearer the weekend!  I've got another busy day of appointments and need to leave soon, but before I go, I'm here to share another card for my Guest Designer spot at Jackson's Digital Expressions July Release Party.

Today I am featuring "A Quiet Moment":


I started with a card base of GKD Lipstick Red and layered with patterned papers from the Basic Grey Oxford Collection.  The cute image is A Quiet Moment by Fine Arts by Robert Jackson.  It is available in the Males section of Robert's store here.  I printed him on Copic X-press It Blending Card and colored him with my Copics. I sponged a few clouds in the sky with SU Soft Sky.  The sentiment is from Paulette at Create With TLC.  I thought it was perfect for the image!  A punched border and a strip of Webster's Pages Ribbon Tape (the alphabet) finished my card.

Thanks for stopping by!  I'll be back later to check out all your blogs and share some other things I've been working on.

Have a great day!
Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. Carla, this is so pretty. I ove the colors and papers you used. Cute image too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a great card Carla love that sentiment!
    XXX Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great card Carla. Love this masculine paper you used and this is a cute image with your beautiful coloring to make it stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yet another fabulous creation, Carla! Love the background papers and the image....perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Carla! GASP! This is amazing! Love love love your coloring!!! I think you are the new queen of coloring!!! Great dp for this masculine card and I love the sentiment!
    hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have always considered books to be true friends! Your papers are perfect for this image.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Carla, the TLC sentiment is perfect for this image! Love the patterns and colors with that cute image, too! :^)
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your design and layering are always so fabulous. So is your coloring.

    Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful guy card plus it's about books too! :-) Love me some books. Really fun card Carla! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The layout you've used just shows off this wonderful image (of course colored perfectly) so well! Great masculine design

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super card and it would sure be great for a book lover. Hope your errands weren't in the rain. We've had plenty and I'm ready to see some sunshine. How about you?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla