Monday, August 13, 2012

You Are Beautiful

Hi there!  Happy Monday!  Hope your week is off to a great start!  I've had a busy day, but I am taking a quick break to share the card I made for Friday Sketch Challenge #23.   One of the challenge sponsors this time is Make it Crafty.  I recently purchased Zoe's new E-Books (Colouring Techniques and Shading With A Light Source) which are available in the Make it Crafty store here.  I thought this would be a great time to practice some of the techniques in Zoe's fantastic tutorials.

Here is the sketch:

Here is my card:


I started with a card base of SU Pear Pizzazz and layered with patterned papers from the Kaisercraft The Lake House 6.5x6.5 pad.   My beautiful image is Anastasia from Make it Crafty.  I printed her on Copic X-Press It and colored her with my Copics.  In retrospect, perhaps I should have started with a little less ambitious image!  I need a lot more practice before tackling hair this big!  In addition, my E25 and E29 markers are giving me fits!  I've cleaned the caps, changed the nibs and refilled them multiple times, but they are still yucky.  Of course, these are two of the colors I wanted to use for her hair.  Despite a multitude of issues, I couldn't bear to throw away my image after working on it so long.  The sentiment is from Paulette at Create With TLC.  Some Wild Orchid Crafts roses finished my card.

Reluctantly, here is a close-up.  Please don't scrutinize it too carefully!


Thanks for stopping by!  Enjoy what's left of the day and hope to see you again soon!
Photobucket

24 comments:

  1. Oh Carla, to ever color just a smidgen like you would be wonderful, I think she is just gorgeous and love your bg. I don't think you need practice.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carla, this is stunning - you are way too hard on yourself!! I also have problems with some of my browns - it's so infuriating but I still think her hair is fabulous, as is the whole card :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I love the colors and the sentiment is prefect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG girl, I don't think it can get better than this. So gorgeous and beautifully colored. We are always our own worst critic, but Carla, no one colors with such depth and beauty as you do. Now I've got to go check out Zoe's coloring stuff. Thanks for the link and the info. "Hugs"

    ReplyDelete
  5. What gorgeous coloring Carla...love the depth of color in her hair alone...wowzers! Sure missed up in Charlotte...if we ever get this way, let us know, would love to get together :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a gorgeous card. The papers you used are beautiful and so is your coloring. Stunning card!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card. Your coloring is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carla, she is just gorgeous.. you know I feel your pain with those E's!!! Nevertheless you must know that she is colored beautifully and your card design is just magnificent!!! xxx Ann Marie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow Carla what a beauty and your coloring is awesome!!
    XXX Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you did a fabulous job Carla. I've been contemplating that e-book, I would love to improve my own coloring as well. Overall though, I think your card came out fantastic. Good job, hun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh WOW - Love that coloring! You did a wonderful job putting it all together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh what a gorgeous, beautiful card Carla.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card, love the image and the colouring looks beautiful.
    Thanks for joining us at Friday Sketch Challenge.
    Shirley xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW!!!!! This is eye popping, jaw dropping, over the moon gorgeous!!!! Love the image and of course the way you have her colored and that layout! Down right beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well girl, you are just way too hard on yourself! There is absolutely nothing wrong with this gorgeous, fantastical, beautifully coloured image. If I could reach you I would give a huge high five and perhaps a wee slap upside the head LOL. However, I do feel your pain regarding the marker situation, it's always E44 for me...Ok, that's it for your pep talk girlie, now go make another one for us to drool over!!!!
    :)S

    ReplyDelete
  16. Carla, this is magnificent, absolutely beautiful and awesome, everything including the coloring of the hair is done magnificently . Wow, I am in awe of this card. You did a tremenndous job girl, it is perfect. Hugs Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Carla, this is breath-taking! You did a fabulous job of coloring this image, especially the hair! And I love the gorgeous papers you used on this--super take on the sketch, too! Love it, love it, love it! :^)
    Hugs,
    Penny
    P.S. Perhaps you should bite the bullet and buy two new markers? OK, don't send me head slaps through the internet! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunner! Beautiful coloring Carla. These images are really intimidating to color for me but you did an amazing job. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That image is absolutely beautiful and I think you did a fab job coloring that hair..wow, that is a lot of hair. The sentiment is just perfect for this beautiful girl image.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely card, Carla and your coloring on her hair is stunning. Simply beautiful.
    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  21. OH WOW Carla..this is amazing. So soft and elegant! I love it! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  22. Amazing color with her hair!!

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  23. You're WAY too hard on yourself.

    Your coloring is lovely and her hair looks wonderful.

    The card is beautifully designed too.

    BTW, I've read of others having difficulty with their E23 & E25 markers. You might want to contact Copic HQ and see if they have any comments or advice.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Well I think your hair is perfect --- gorgeous coloring Carla. Gorgeous card.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla