Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Brighten Your Day

Hi again!  I'm trying to make up for lost time so I have another post tonight to share the card I made for Little Miss Muffet Challenge #41.  The theme this time was to use scallops.

Here is my card:


I made a tent card.  I've never done one before but I recently received the most adorable tent card from my dear friend, JoAnn. I studied her construction and tried to make one of my own.  It was hard to get a good photo and I forgot to take a shot of the inside, but I hope you can see the window and 3D design.  The card base is GKD Heavy Base Weight White.  I layered the inside and outside with patterned papers from the Kaisercraft Fine & Sunny 6.5x6.5 pad.  My adorable image is Licorice from Little Miss Muffet Stamps.  I have her as a digi, but she is only available as a rubber stamp now.  You can find her in the Little Miss Muffet Stamps shop here.  I printed her on Copic X-Press It and colored with my Copics.  I cut her out and placed her to float in the scalloped circle window.  The grasses were were punched from SU Pear Pizzazz with a Fiskars punch.  The sentiment is from Paulette at Create With TLC.  I cut a couple of clouds from another patterned paper in my scrap bag and layered and popped them up.  I added Liquid Pearls to the scalloped frame to finish my card.

Here is a close-up of Licorice:


Thanks for stopping by again!  I'm slowly making my way through your blogs so if I haven't visited yet, I'll be by soon.

Enjoy the rest of your evening and see you again soon!
Photobucket

24 comments:

  1. This is so cool! Love how you've put her in the window and the rainbow and clouds and grass make for a gorgeous scene.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet image, love the scene you've created
    hugs julie P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, it's beautiful!!! Love the dimension and super sweet scenery you've created. With rainbows and all!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card. Looks very sweet and difficult. Love the scene on the inside. Beautiful coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is gorgeous Carla!!
    XXX Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carla, I love this little scene! The die cuts look great with your cute image. And the papers set the scene perfectly! What a cool card! :^)
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome. Well done my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it's tutorial time Carla!!!!! How cool is this, I say really cool girlie :)S

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carla, Another winner. Besides your fabulous coloring I also envy your ability to cut out and image so nicely. This entire scene is just precious. I just keep building up piles of knowledge I learn from you. Thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I sure can see the window/3D design and a great job you did. Licorice is so adorable and I love that name. :-) It's an adorable card, Carla and a day brightener, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute - both the image and the card design!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute. This is a wondeful tent card, loving the clouds and that gorgeous paper. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is fabulous! Thanks for joining us at LMMS for our scallops challenge. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a cute image and love how you set her, fab design!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so cute! You chose adorable papers for the scene! Thanks for playing at Little Miss Muffet Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great tent card, Carla. Love the image and your design (as alwasy) is spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh gosh it's been forever since I made a tent card. I'd forgotten just how cute they are. Great job Carla! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  18. she is so precious and sweet. Thanks for your sweet visit and luv. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a lovely card Carla!!
    Very cute image and the tent-ccard is great, I'll have to google that!!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awww Carla this is adorable! LOVE the window with the inside scene! She is such a cute image and colored beautifully! This looks like it was really fun!!!

    Hope you are well! Been hectic here but hoping things will settle down soon!

    hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  21. Carla, Just a darling card you did fantastic job with your tent card. Now you know how easy they are to make. Your paper inside is just perfect with the rainbows in the background, just love how that has turned out.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! Now this is what I call special! Really done so very well Carla.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my! Fabulous card. Great design and paper engineering!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla