Saturday, August 25, 2012

Somebody Has To Be Cutest

Hi there!  Happy Saturday!  Hope your weekend if off to a great start!  I've got quite a bit to do today, but I took a break to share the card I made for a few challenges I like to do.  First it's for Mo's DP2 Challenge #149 (distressing).  It is also for Seems A Little Sketchy #20, Cute Card Thursday #31 (bling it up) and Charisma Cardz #33 (lace).

Here is SALS-20:


Here is my card:


I started with a card base of SU Soft Sky and layered the sketch panels with patterned papers from the Kaisercraft Sweet Nothings 6.5x6.5 pad.  My cutie Mo's image is Ella In Trouble (redux).  You can find her in Mo's store here.  I printed her on Fabriano Aquarello Hot Pressed watercolor paper and for the very first time ever, I tried coloring with Distress Inks.  Perfect for a "distressing" challenge!  I obviously need a lot of practice, but it was a fun change from coloring with my Copics, I have to say.  I added some Stickles to her hair ornaments and some Liquid Pearls to her pearls and bracelet.  I added a few silver accents with a Letraset Metallic Marker.

Here is a close-up of the image:


Distress Ink Colors:
Skin: Antique Linen, Tattered Rose
Hair: Vintage Photo, Scattered Straw, Antique Linen
Clothes: Tattered Rose, Worn Lipstick, Tumbled Glass, Bundled Sage
Handbag and accessories: Scattered Straw, Antique Linen, Tattered Rose Tumbled Glass, Weathered Wood

The sentiment is from Paulette at Create With TLC.  I changed its location on the sketch from lower to upper right. Some ivory lace and some iridescent pink gems finished my card.

Thanks for stopping by!  Enjoy the rest of your day and hope to see you again soon!

Photobucket

30 comments:

  1. Carla, How adorable is this card.... You did an fantastic job, love Ella in trouble. Such a perfect sentiment. Coloring is beautiful.
    Hugs :^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So precious and beautifully colored - just gorgeous!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a cutie Carla,love how you colord her cheeks,gorgeous card!!
    Thanks for joining CCT this week and good luck!!
    XXX Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card, Carla! I love the newer version of "Ella in Trouble"...love her facial expression! The 'pearls' are a great touch! Glad you shared this with us in Mo's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab job Carla! Your card is so sweet! Love the image and the way you added pearls!

    Thanks for joining us at Mo's Challenge this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carla, I think your coloring with the DI is gorgeous...love the pearls and stickles on this cutie.
    Have a good weekend and hope you don't get hit too hard with Issac, will be thinking of you.
    hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is super cute...I love the papers and your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, gosh, Carla, you are so talented to be able to switch from Copics to Distress inks with ease! (Not moi!) Beautiful coloring of the image, (which is way cute, btw), and I love your little accents on it! Another great take on a sketch. The sentiment fits the image perfectly. I almost used this sentiment on my latest card, but went with the sparkly one instead! Great minds, hey? LOL! :^)
    Hope you're having a great weekend!
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  9. hee... this makes me smile! darling card, Carla! love it! hope you have a lovely weekend! =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow! You just blow my mind!!! This is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How sweet! Great job with the Distress Inks. It's always nice to try something different.
    She reminds me of my little 2 yr. old munchkin I went to see yesterday. She wears the two ponytails, too. And, plays with make-up in her little purses.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh to be a little girl again, total flash back moment looking at this fantastic card Carla. The papers, the softness of the inks, and the attention to details is so obvious. Love it girlie!
    :)S

    ReplyDelete
  13. Look at that card! She is sooo cute and gorgeous. I love it!

    Mariska

    ReplyDelete
  14. Its just like when I caught my son going through my jewellery box, I think he was 14 months old, lol! Love the image, sketch and colours.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow. Fabulous card. If that's your first time coloring with Distress Inks, you're a natural! It looks fabulous.

    That's an adorable image, which you colored wonderfully.

    Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wowee Carla! Amazing use of the Distress Inks, love the watercolour feel to it - I just can't get the hang of them (too heavy-handed!) but this card looks totally gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I do believe if someone gave you a bag of produce, you could use it to color an image and do a knock-out job of it! Awesome job with the Distress Inks! The Liquid Pearl jewelry is super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautifully designed Carla! I like the soft colors. They're perfect for the distressed look. Thanks for the well wishes. Hopefully the storm won't be as bad as it seems. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is just precious, Carla! Your coloring of this sweet image is fabulous. Adding "Ella" to my Wish List!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Adorable! I love how you did your necklace. Such beautiful coloring on your image too! Thanks for using our sketch from Seems a Little Sketchy!
    Sandy
    sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is adorable! I love how you colored her.


    Stop by my blog to check out my {Belated} Birthday Blog Candy!

    --Cheryl--

    ReplyDelete
  22. Image is so beautiful colored,sweet card. Thanks for your sweet visit and leaving the luv. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  23. So cute and elegant! i like it very much thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Carla your distress coloring is awesome! I love the soft dp colors and the image is too stinkin' cute! Thanks for playing with us on Seems a Little Sketchy-come back soon!
    Carolyn, DT

    ReplyDelete
  25. OH my goodness.... this is so cute! Just darling!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. this is so sweet,goodluck at charisma this week

    ReplyDelete
  27. Absolutely adorable and A+ on the coloring and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Darlind card, Carla. Such a sweet image and she has to be the cutest. Lovely papers and lace.
    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  29. Fabulous card Carla - and thanks for joining us at SALS this time! Hugs Rachel x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla