Friday, August 31, 2012

Copic/Promarker Challenge - The Outlawz

Good morning!  Happy Friday!  Hope you had a good week and you have fun plans for the weekend!  It's a long weekend for Labor Day for us in the US.  It's always nice to have a little extra time off!  Before getting on with the day, I'm here to post my DT card for this week's Copic/Promarker Challenge at The Outlawz site. The theme this week is "anything goes", but, as always, for the last week of the month, we offer a calendar page template that you may use for the challenge if you wish.  It is absolutely OPTIONAL, but for those that have been been collecting the calendar pages all year, the template is available in the challenge thread.

Here is my card:


I used SU Taken With Teal cardstock for my base and mats and I layered with patterned papers from the My Mind's Eye Six By Six A Mother's Love and Everyday Flair 6x6 paper pads.  My cute image is Lotus Sitting Pretty from Guylou's Inimitability.  You can find her in Guylou's store here.  She was also generously provided by Guylou as a freebie to subscribers of the on-line craft magazine, Through The Craftroom Door.  If you haven't done so already, you must check out this fabulous magazine!  Every issue is packed with crafty goodness and freebies that are only available to subscribers.  I printed Lotus on X-Press It and colored her with my Copics.  I added a bit of Stickles to the all of the flowers and her shoes and belt.  The sentiment is from Paulette at Create With TLC.  I didn't add any embellishments so Lotus could take center stage.

Here is a close up:


My card is also for Papertake Weekly #78, which was to use any sketch from a previous PW challenge.  I chose Sketch #68.  It is also for Charisma Cardz Challenge #34 (no embellishments) and Simon Says Stamp (anything goes).

Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to visit the Copic/Promarker Challenge and check out the fab creations from the rest of the DT and our awesome Guest Designer for August, Tabbatha.  This is your last chance to be in the running for a $10 GC from Guylou's Inimitability.  Guylou has been our generous sponsor for all the August Challenges.  There are also fantastic monthly prizes up for grabs when you enter any of the challenges at The Outlawz!


Have a great day and weekend and see you soon!
Photobucket

18 comments:

  1. Carla, what a pretty card. The way you've colored Lotus makes her look like a porcelain doll...a beautiful job, as usual.
    Gorgeous papers, too.

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I swear I want to buy some SU paper every time I come to your blog. You always have a perfect match!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Carla!!
    XXX Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning!!! Wow! Your coloring is perfect and those pps are delicious!!! I love your card!!! Fab work!!
    Cheers!
    G

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi sweetie, this is just gorgeous, I love your creation, huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Carla..I love how her hair turned out! So very pretty! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh, Carla, this is just beautiful! Your coloring is always wonderful, and the colors and papers you chose are so fresh and pretty! Love the sketch design you picked for this, too! :^)
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic card ! Your work of colours on your character is incredible ! Magnificent papers. Simple and clean as I like ! Bravo !

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.

    Hugs from France.
    Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carla she is stunning! Love, love your coloring but esp. the color and shading of her eyes! Thank you for being such an awesome friend! Enjoy your 3 day weekend - Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is an awesomely colored image which just brings her to life! Love it

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely take on this weeks challenge over at Papertake Weekly - Good luck - Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a wonderful image and it's beautifully colored too.

    I love the papers you've used and how you've layered them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super card, your colouring is fantastic
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge this week.

    Hugs,

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Carla, She is so pretty. Love the background you created as well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fab card, love your colouring and the great backing papers. Thanks so much for joining in with the challenge at Charisma Cardz this week.
    Jenni x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card Hun, love the image and the papers :)

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz

    Hugs Mandy xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla