Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Diva

Hi there!  Are you having a good Wednesday?  Only two days until the weekend - gotta love that!  We are so fortunate to not have had any real effects of Isaac here.  We haven't had any of the wind and rain that was expected.  I am very grateful for that.  Hope everyone who is in the path of the storm is staying safe.

I am popping in to share a card I made for a few challenges I like to do.  It is for Jackson's Digital Expressions #20 (anything goes with an optional sketch), Craft Your Passion #125 (emboss it), Through The Craftroom Door Challenge #33 (diva or anything goes) and Tuesday Throwdown #113 (bold or rarely used colors).

Here is the JDE sketch, which I did use:


Here is my card:


I used SU Brilliant Blue cardstock for my base and mats.  Anyone who knows me knows I'm not a big fan of bright, bold colors and I rarely use them.  And look, NO patterned paper!  I actually can't remember the last time I made a card with no PP!  Instead, I embossed two panels of white cardstock, one with the Cuttlebug Kassie's Brocade folder and the other with a Sizzix folder called Damask.  My elegant image is Diva from Fine Arts by Robert Jackson.  You can find it in the Females section of Robert's store here.  I printed her on X-Press It and colored her with my Copics (dress: B28, B26, B24, B21) I added Star Dust Stickles to her wrap to make it sparkle.  The sentiment is from Create With TLC. It is part of the Glitter and Glam Digi Stamp set in Paulette's store here.  A double-loop satin bow and a Webster's Pages Sparkler finished my card.

Thanks for stopping by!  Enjoy the rest of your day and hope to see you soon!Photobucket

27 comments:

  1. Your card and image are very elegant and love the blue and the embossed backgrounds and the bow is just enough embellishment-thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown this week
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm so glad Isaac didn't come near you Carla!!
    What a stunning card,it's so beautiful and I love your embossing!!
    XXX Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! I just love how you colored her, such amazing blending and that bow is just perfect. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The embossing and that bow are very elegant. Your coloring is beautiful, as always. At Jackson's Digital Expressions, we say thanks for your continuing support.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW very elegant Carla! Glad you didn't get hit by Isaac! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  6. glad you all are okay........I love the card, the blue really pops against that embossed white, and your coloring is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card. The embossing makes it pop and so does the brilliant blue cs and ribbon. Such beautiful coloring too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful, Carla! Your colouring is stunning! I love the embossed background and your beautiful bow!! Thanks for joining us at TTCRD!

    ReplyDelete
  9. FABULOUS card...I love the colors and embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow. That's sensational. Stunning image,colored beautifully. I love the clean lines, embossed white, and that bejeweled bow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Carla, this card is super-gorgeous! OMGoodness! I am so glad you didn't use DP, because the embossed CS looks fantabulous with that image--just so very elegant! Love the blue and that fabulous bow! Beautiful coloring also and I love the sparkle! :^)
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh what a fabulous card Carla.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  14. The blue is very luxurious and goes well with the rich, embossed backgroubd. Thanks for joining Craft Your Passion!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow this is an eye catcher! Love the blue, it just makes the embossing stand out. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  16. An amazing card, the image is just great and the embossing is gorgeous love the bright blue and white, looks so classy
    thanks for joining in the lejdesigns challenge and good luck
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  17. Carla this is over the top, five star gorgeous! Love the colors, coloring, embossing...I love it all! Hugz sweetie and thanks for playing too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card!!! This must be a first-a card by Carla with no pattern paper! But the embossing is just lovely! Marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well, this is quite different for you, Carla, but I love this CAS card. The blue is bold and so awesome.

    We've had no rain from the storm and really wanted some. Maybe we'll get a bit yet.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely card and colors. Thanks for Playing along at JDE.

    ReplyDelete
  21. White and one other color is so stunning and you picked a great diva image to really make it striking. Gorgeous Carla!

    ReplyDelete
  22. As usual your creations are amazing! Love the colors, coloring, embossing...I love it all! Hugz sweetie and thanks for at JDE. Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi, Carla! Sorry to be so late with my comment! I love your card and I am off to order that Cuttlebug folder. I am glad you used the blue, it is fabulous and just makes this card pop! Thanks for sharing yet another beauty with us at Jackson's Digital Expressions!

    Much Love,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  24. Carla this is one of my FAVOURITE colour combinations, lol! I love brilliant blue, cherry cobbler, pacific point, almost any deep rich colour and white. LOVE your colouring, the simplicity of the card which makes it stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  25. The blues and whites look wonderful together and all the embossing looks amazing. Beautiful card.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love all the embossing with the blue and white - gorgeous!
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful card, thank you for sharing with us at JDE; good luck in the challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla