Sunday, August 12, 2012

Geek Is Chic

Hi there!  Did you have a good weekend!  Mine was busy, but good, and we were lucky to have beautiful weather the whole weekend! We had much cooler temps and not much humidity - couldn't ask for more in AL in August!  I am popping in really quickly to share the card I made for the new MayzyArt Challenge #006.  The theme this time is "silly". At first I was at a loss as to what to do with this one, but then I remembered I had the fun freebie that Mayzy shared on her blog last month called Frankie Stein and a "silly" idea came to mind.

Here is my card:


I have never seen Monster High, but I went on-line and got a pic of what Frankie Stein looks like and tried to color her similarly.  I used GKD Cranberry Tart cardstock and layered with patterned papers from the Basic Grey Oliver 6x6 pad.  I printed Frankie on Copic X-Press It and colored all but her dress with my Copics.  I paper-pieced her dress with a plaid paper from the same pad.   I added some white dots to her skirt and sleeves with my Sharpie Paint pen and Red, Turquoise and Silver Stickles here and there for a bit of sparkle.  The fun sentiment is from Create With TLC.  It is part of the Hurray, Hurray, School Today set in Paulette's store here.  A few silvery rhinestones finished off my card.

Here is a close-up of Frankie:


Thanks for stopping by!  Enjoy the rest of your evening and hope to see you soon!
Photobucket

19 comments:

  1. AWESOME card...I LOVE her outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carla, I love what you did with this fun image! The paper-piecing is a great idea, along with the dots and sparkle bits! Love the bling, too! And the sentiment is perfect! :^)
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Well this is certainly different for you. :-) Great paper piecing and a fun and funky card Carla. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job with her skin tones...looks just like it does on the series!!

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great paper piecing! What a fun card...made me smile...too CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fab card Carla,love her skintone!!!
    XXX Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  7. For you not really knowing Monster High, you did a fab job Carla! I LOVE her shoes!!! The paper piecing looks great too. Fabulous card, my dear, simply fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with you and wouldn't know what to do with a 'silly' challenge.
    This is great...love the eye shadow and fun card. Wonder where I could get shoes and a bag like that? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Silly Card! Perfect for Back to school today. I love how you paper pieced the Dress. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's so silly it's great! I love your coloring too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun image and what a fun card you created. Love how she turned out! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  12. very cool Carla .....what a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gloriously ghoulish!! Love the paper piecing and the whole creepy concoction :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the coloring on this card! Thanks for playing with us at MayzyArt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a fun and silly card Carla Great job with the coloring. Love the green skin. Thanks for joining us at MayzyArt.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great job on the card! It looks just fabulous. :o)

    Thanks for joining the MayzyArt Challenge!

    ~Mayzy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! Great job paper piecing and coloring that super-cute image. I do love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. She still looks awesome the second go around!! Thanks for joining us at MayzyArt

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantastic card Carla! She is styling! Thanks for joining us at MayzyArt!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla