Thursday, August 23, 2012

A Little Sassy

Hi again.  I'm back with a second post today because after I got home, I was able to finish another card I had in the works.  This one is for the Kenny K. Krafty Krew Challenge #107 - get sketchy.  It is also this week's Divas by Design Challenge #49 (anything goes).

Here is the KKKK sketch:


Here is my card:


I used SU Not Quite Navy cardstock and layered the sketch panels with patterned papers from the Authentique Loyal 6x6 pad.  My fun image is Freshman from Kenny K.  I printed her on Copic X-Press-It and colored her with my Copics.  Some of my E markers are still misbehaving, so I am waiting for replacements. They should be here tomorrow.  I hope that fixes my blending issues.  I added a bit of Star Dust Stickles to the white trim on her top and Lime Green Stickles to her necklace and bracelet.  The sentiment is from Create With TLC.  It is from the A Day In The Life Word Art set in Paulette's store here.  A few green pearls from my stash finished my card.

Here is a close-up of the image:



Thanks for stopping by again!  I will be back tomorrow with my DT card for the Copic/Promarker Challenge at The Outlawz.
Photobucket

19 comments:

  1. For sure, she is cute and sassy. Love your sketch and the papers. Your dp is always the best. Your card is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card...I love the colors and papers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carla, this is a fabulous card--the papers are so cool! Love their colors and patterns! And your image is too cute! Great coloring job, especially with the skirt matching the patterned paper--love that! (Hope the new markers take care of the issues you've been having with your E's.) The sentiment is wonderful with the image. :^)
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous as always Carla!!
    XXX Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your take on the sketch and love how you've coordinated the skirt with the papers...looks awesome.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a perfect sentiment and your colouring is amazing :D
    Thank you for joining us at Kenny K's Krafty Krew and good luck.

    Hugs

    Amy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carla, Your card is just great. Your coloring is perfect and I love that b/g paper. I have that same paper, now I have to go dig it out and use it. It does no one any good sitting in the closet, huh? Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sassy, classy chick! Love the colouring and the card looks great with those muted colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous Kenny K image and lovely coloring, Carla. Awesome job on her skirt I love the green and blue blend of colors. Fabulous card.
    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job, love how you colored her and how your paper matched. Perfect sentiment.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how you coloured her skirt! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic colouring Carla, in fact you would almost think that skirt was paper pieced. You are gifted girlie, and that is certain. I love your take on the sketch too.
    :)S

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the argyle paper! And her hair is so shiny and silky looking...so realistic! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  14. Carla..she is gorgeous....her hair and eyes are my favourite....shiny glossy hair!

    Love your card

    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sassy indeed! LOL She's great Carla. Love the blue/green color scheme. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You always put everything together so well Carla. What a stash you must have!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi, Carla! Sorry to be so late in commenting on your card. I am preparing to move to Houston and have been so busy with that that I am just now getting to it. Your card is delightful! You did a wonderful job coloring the image and the argyle rint paper really enhances the design. Thanks for joining us at Kenny K's Krafty Krew last week.

    Hugs,
    Annexx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous coloring. I love how her skirt mirrors the paper.

    Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Carla, what a fab card! Love your colouring - it's perfect. Wonderfully stylish as well.

    Thanks for joining in with us this week at Divas by Design.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla