Saturday, August 11, 2012

Smart Business Woman

Hi there!  Hope you're having a good weekend so far!  We've been busy all day, but I took a break to finish up a card I was making for this week's Jackson's Digital Expressions Challenge (anything goes - brads or eyelets optional).

Here is my card:


I used GKD Smoky Slate cardstock and layered my simple sketch panels with patterned papers from the My Mind's Eye Indie Chic Nutmeg 6x6 pad.  My image is Business Woman from Fine Arts by Robert Jackson.  You can find it in the Females section of Robert's store here.  I printed her on Copic X-Press It and colored with my Copics.  I used a Silver Letraset Metallic Marker to add shiny silver to her buttons, earrings and the buckles on her briefcase.  The sentiment is from Create With TLC.  It is from the Embrace Your Crazy set that you can find in Paulette's store here.  I added three aqua rhinestone and silver brads to finish my card.  I can't remember the last time I used a brad!  I didn't add any other embellishments because I wanted to keep the design sharp and clean like the image.

Here is a close-up of the image:



Thanks for stopping by!  I hope to get some time tonight to visit your blogs!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Photobucket

20 comments:

  1. Very nice Card Carla, I love the colors you chose. Thanks for playing along at Jackson's Digital Expressions

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well she looks smart alright. Love the color!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors, the papers and your image. Beautiful job on the coloring and design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning. Thanks for joining in on the fun at JDE.
    Berni,DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very striking! Your coloring is just awesome. Thanks so much for displaying your art at Jackson's Digital Expressions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stylish! Sharp and classy Carla. :-) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful CAS design, Carla! Love the muted colors and the coloring you did! Very sexy! (Am I allowed to say that?) :^)
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful card my friend. Love the colors and as always your coloring is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card & love the image your have used!! thanks for joining us at Jacksons Digital Expressions this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card, love the smart and elegant CAS look of it all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous Carla , you can tell Roberts images from a mile off and this one is lovely , love that turquoise too Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Carla, GF, you always amaze me with your coloring, your paper choices and your sentiments. This card is just fabulous and we are always just thrilled to see what you do with Robert's Images. We appreciate your artistry week after week! I guess we have to make you a De Facto Member of the team(LOL)
    Major League Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it Carla... especially love the sentiment... yea, Girl!!! xxx Ann Marie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! This is stunning! Love your choice of colors and your card design is perfect!!
    Cheers!
    G

    ReplyDelete
  15. Carla this is so pretty!!! Love the color combo and great coloring! Love that sentiment too!!! Hope you are enjoying a great weekend!
    hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  16. Carla this is so pretty, clean and classy!!! Lovely coloring as always!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow what a wonderful card! I just adore the sentiment with this it's totally fabulous. Your coloring is amazing as always.

    Thanks for joining us as Jackson’s Digital Expressions this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful coloring Carla and adore the clean layout you've used!

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a sharp dresser...especially with your help and great coloring. Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla