Monday, September 1, 2014

Make it Colourful Challenge #13

Good morning (afternoon in Australia)!  Happy Monday!  Hope you've had a great weekend so far.  If you are in the U.S. like I am, I hope you are enjoying a long Labor Day weekend!  We've been very busy and I haven't had much time for my crafting and blogging, but I will be back on track on Tuesday, for sure.  Right now, I am here with my DT post for the new Make it Colourful Challenge.  Just like last month, and from now on, there is just one hard challenge each month and our wonderful Zoe is really challenging us all to step outside our comfort zone and try new things!  This month's challenge theme is "two-tone monochromatic with an abstract background".  There are some fantastic examples over on the Make it Colourful blog, so be sure to check them out and then have a go at it yourself!

Here is my take on the challenge:


My card base and mats are SU Not Quite Navy and the patterned paper is from the Basic Grey Oxford collection.  The image is Anastasia from Make it Crafty.  I printed her on MiC Blending Card and colored in two color families with my Copics.  It was a little scary doing the skin in these tones! The abstract background was created by dabbing on some of the colors using Copic refills on a cotton ball, then dripping a little Colorless Blender onto the background to make it more diffuse.  I could definitely use some practice, but I didn't think it was too bad for a first try.  I kept the rest of the card design very simple, just adding some two-tone ribbon in the same colors and a few pearls from my stash.

Here is a close-up of the image:


Copics colors:
Blues: B000, B91, B93, B95, B97, B99
Greens: YG000, YG01, YG03, YG17, YG25, YG67, G99

Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to visit the Make it Colourful Challenge blog and check out the fabulous inspiration for the challenge.  There will be a special album set up in the store photo gallery for your entries.  You can also share your progress in the Make it Crafty Facebook group.  There is always lots of fun and encouragement over there, so hope you will come on by!

Have a great day and see you soon!
Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, this is just beautiful! This is just very different from what you usually do but I do like it very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made a wonderful card for this hard challenge Carla!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carla, your card is gorgeous. That is a wonderful technique. I will have to find some patience and try that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, la, la...fabulous job with the skin tones, Carla..no worries there. And, what a beautiful creation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carla, this is just amazing. No one would ever know this was your first try at this. Just gorgeous and your background paper pick was the ideal one. Sounds like you have been busy. Hoping you get a chance to relax this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carla you did a great job with this! Great background thanks for the tip on how you did it will have to give it a try!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. How gorgeous! Really, really cool color combo in your fab coloring! Love this! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your colors blend beautifully Carla. Really cool technique and done so well. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carla This card is so pretty with the blues and greens you used!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! Carla, this is really stunning!! I love the effect with the Copics here!! VERY cool!! Thanks for sharing! Hugs - *Vicki*
    My Blog: Stamp Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wowzer girlie, you've really rose o this challenge! Kudos to you and you should be very proud of your awesome creation. Isn't it amazing how we need to be challenged to step out of our comfort zone. Even though I can no longer create on a regular basis or participate I am certainly watching and learning through you and many others. Well done! xo :)S

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wowee!! This is stunning Carla! Fabulous colouring and that combo works exceptionally well. Going to have to try and play along after such wonderful inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW what a beautiful card. I love how the ribbon matches the two color combo. Hugs, joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla