Friday, January 18, 2013

Guylou's Inimitability - Seeing Spots

Hi there!  Happy very early Friday!  I sure hope I am asleep when you see this!  I'm here to share my DT card for the new challenge at Guylou's Inimitability.  We are back after our holiday break and Guylou is hosting our new challenge which is "I See Spots" - use a dotted image and/or dotted papers or embellishments!  Easy peasy, right?

Here are the challenge details:
Challenge Deadline:
You have until 10:00 PM (EDT) on January 31st to link your project to the Inlinkz at the end of the challenge post.
How to participate:
You may enter only ONE project per challenge, but if you use a Guylou's Inimitability digistamp, your project will count for two entries.  If you don't have one of Guylou's digistamps, you can check the online store where several freebies are available.  
Challenge Prizes:
A winner will be selected randomly and will win:
1. A $10.00 gift certificate from Guylou's online store
2. An invitation to be a Guest Designer on one of our upcoming challenges
Our Guest Designer for this challenge is: Emma
Emma was the winner of our recent Thanks For Everything challenge and was invited to join us this week. Check out Emma's wonderful project on Guylou's Inimitability Blog.

48h Freebie:
Guylou is generously offering House1 as a freebie for 48 hours starting January 18th. Please visit Guylou's on-line store, add House1 to your cart and apply the code HOUSE-FREEBIE at check out to get it free!

Here is my card:



I used this opportunity to make a masculine card, something I often struggle with and never have enough of in my stash.  As such, I kept the layout pretty simple and didn't add too many embellishments.  My card base and mats are SU Bordering Blue and the patterned papers are from the Basic Grey Oxford 6x6 pad.  The fun image is Miguel The Photographer from Guylou's Inimitability.  I printed him on Make it Colour Blending Card and colored him with my Copics. The sentiment is from Create With TLC.  A few neutral pearls finished my simple card.

Here is a close-up of the image:


Thanks for stopping by!  Please visit the Guylou's Inimitability blog and check out the fantastic creations from the rest of the DT and our Guest Designer, Emma.  We hope you will play along!

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Stamptacular Sunday #198 (sketch challenge; I flipped the sketch one turn.)
613 Avenue Create #2 (anything goes)

Here is the Stamptacular Sunday sketch:


Have a great day and see you soon!
Photobucket

16 comments:

  1. Good Morning sweetie, this is absolutely Gorgeous, warm hugs love Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great papers for this masculine card. And, the sentiment and image go together perfectly.
    Hope you have a great weekend. I have to come to B'ham this weekend for a quick visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Carla. Awesome card and great for a special guy. Darling image and lovely coloring.
    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  4. so beautiful men card
    thanks for playing with us at stamptacular sunday this week
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic masculine card. Great papers, perfect for your great image and I do love this sketch for a man card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool masculine card! Love the simplicity of it - looks just right for a guy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this card and the plaid is amazing - just so fabulous!! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely beautiful!! Great manly card and those papers are awesome!
    Cheers!
    G

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful guy card! You matched his coloring up so well with that great plaid paper. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this sentiment. Great masculine papers and coloring, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Spectacular masculine card! Love your wonderful coloring of this very cool image... perfect mix of background papers and design.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE how you coloured him Carla and the background paper is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super coloring on this great image! Love this masculine card! Great design, papers, & perfect sentiment! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  14. lovely card glad i could join you talented bunch for this challenge really enjoyed doing it emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sometimes I hate being late to the party. Once I get there, it seems like everyone has already said exactly what I want to say. SO... Ditto everything above!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fun image, colored wonderfully. Great card with your usual fab design.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla