Friday, January 18, 2013

Bouquet of Love

Hi again!  Are you sick of me yet?  Sorry for having so many posts in a row, but I had a lot of things coming due at around the same time. It doesn't often happen this way, but it sure has kept me busy! Anyway, this time I am here to post a card I made for a few challenges I like to do.

Here is my card:


My card base and mats are SU soft Sky and the patterned papers are from my older stash.  I think it is My Mind's Eye Six by Six Dwell, but I couldn't lay hands on the pad right now.   My sweet image is Lots of Love from Elisabeth Bell's Digital Collection.  Elisabeth created this adorable image in honor of the birthday of Digi Bells DT co-leader, Linda .  I printed it on Make it Colour Blending Card and colored it with my Copics.  I added some Summer Flower Soft that I've had forever and never used, to the bouquet.  I added in the grass with Prismacolor Pencils.  I framed the image first with a doily cut from Soft Sky with my Cheery Lynn French Pastry die and then with a paper doily that I salvaged from a pastry tray in a restaurant ages ago. I always keep these doilies in my stash just in case!  The sentiment is from Create With TLC.  A triple-loop satin bow, a single Wild Orchid Crafts rose and three heart gems that I also found in my stash finished my card.

Here is a close-up of the image:


Thanks for stopping by again!  I promise this is it for awhile!  I'm entering my card in the following challenges:
Elphine House #35 (paper doilies)
Sketch Saturday #241 (sketch)
Paper Crafting Journey (anything goes)
Corrosive Challenge #165 (out with the old; I used old paper, a salvaged doily, and the heart gems)
Forever Friends Fortnightly #53 (favorite embellishments; mine are ribbon, flowers and gems)

Have a fantastic Friday and weekend and I will see you soon!
Photobucket

36 comments:

  1. Love this sweet image, Carla. It tugs at a mother's heart. How wonderful that you can use your restaurant doily. Great idea to save them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya Carla shug, I could never get sick of your posts, all your cards are always fab hun, and this one is delightful, love it hun big huggies June xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous image Carla and I love the layout and papers. I have decided I don't really get bored of people admiring my colouring, so I'll admire yours some more too. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how the flower soft makes that bouquet really pop! Beautiful card Carla. I love the papers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow this is beautiful honey xx Thanks for getting sketchy with us at Sketch Saturday xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute Carla!!
    XXX Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just as sweet as it can be Carla!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  8. So precious! Awesome colouring and I love how you did the bouquet (must try some of that Flower Soft!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carla, what a beautiful card. Love the DP and the image is gorgeous. The sentiment is perfect for this card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Suprcute image, love the layout and the colours you have used
    Thank you for joining in with "Use your favourite embellishments" challenge over at Forever Friends and good luck
    Julie x
    My blog
    Pennys Challenges DT member
    Fashionista DT member
    Forever Friends DT member
    Brown Sugar Challlenges DT member
    Prev OSAAT DT member

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Carla.
    What a nice card you made!!
    Thanks for joining us over at foreverfriendschallengeblog!!
    Gd luck in the draw.
    Linda- DTmember FF

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sweet! That little guy is so cute with his little belly sticking out. Lovely card Carla! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a touching image...just love your card!! xxx Ann Marie

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is the sweetest image. Beautiful card Carla!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think this is one of my most favorite cards that you have done....it is soooo precious and done so sweetly.
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is the kind of card that makes you go: aaawww!
    So utterly sweet, Carla.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card, Carla. I love how you've offset the image and doily. Fabulous design.
    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Carla, wow what a sweet card, love that image and doilies are on my cards lots of the time!! Hugs Frea

    ReplyDelete
  19. How lovely this card is, Carla. Sweet colors.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Kid-oh you've been busy (-: this is another adorable card...love that image (-:

    ReplyDelete
  21. Another beautiful card with great coloring and layout. Thanks for joining us at The Corrosive Challenge. Good luck and please join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely, the papers are perfect and LOVE the coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the papers, the bow with the flower center, the layers of circles behind the image, and the use of just a touch of flowersoft. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Carla, Never be sick of you, your cards are just darling and I love seeing them. This one is so cute with that darling image and sentiment. Love the flower soft, the doilies and the paper.
    Hugs, Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is one of my favorite images and I love how you've colored it. The FS makes for a beautiful bouquet. Gorgeous card Carla! Thanks so much for joining us at Elphine House with this cutie. "Hugs"

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is so sweet! Love the papers and Flower Soft with that image!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautoful card Carla and such a sweet design. Fab colouring too :) Donna ♥ x

    ReplyDelete
  28. WOWZER!! Carla, this creation is so beautiful!! Love your use of the doily behind the image!! Love the colors and design! :) Thanks for playing along with us at the Elphine House Challenges! Hope that you will join us again in the next challenge and good luck! Smiles and Hugs - *Vicki* ~ DT member

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is soooo cute Carla! Love the soft spring colours.

    ReplyDelete
  30. My this is adorable! Love those die cuts, the papers & colors, that fabulous image & sentiment, & your wonderful coloring! :^) Just so precious!
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh wow, this is so pretty Carla! I love your colouring and crispness of the card. The sentiment is so sweet too, all matches up so perfectly! Thanks for joining in the Paper Crafting Journey challenge, XOX Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh wow Carla!!! Beautifully colored as always and the papers are just gorgeous!! The sentiment couldn't be any more perfect! xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Gorgeous card, I love the colour combo and the ribbons :)

    Thanks for joining our Fortnightly Challenge at Forever Friends Challenge Blog :)

    Tanya xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. That stamp is the sweetest thing I've seen in quite some time.

    The card is fabulous. Your coloring is gorgeous and the design is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  35. OMGosh!! Carla, I must have missed this card before! It is absolutely ADORABLE! Love how you colored the image and embellished the card!!

    Hugs
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla