Friday, January 4, 2013

Copic/Promarker Challenge - The Outlawz

Good morning!  Happy Friday - the first one in January!  Hope your new year is off to a great start!  I am still trying to get in the groove, but my routine is slowly coming back to me.  I am happy to be crafting a little again.  This morning, I am here to share my DT card for this week's Copic/Promarker Challenge on The Outlawz site.  The theme this time is "new beginnings".  We are thinking new baby, new home , new relationship, new year, you get the picture!  Just don't forget you must have some coloring with alcohol markers (any brand) on your project.

Here is my card:


I decided to go with a  new baby theme for my "new beginnings" creation.  My card base and mats are SU Baja Breeze and the patterned papers are from the Graphic 45 Little Darlings 8x8 pad.  My adorable image is Butterfly Baby from Saturated Canary.  You can find him/her in Krista's store here.  The image was originally shared by Krista as a freebie during her wonderful Butterfly Fund Charity Drive.  I printed the image on Make it Colour Blending Card and colored it with my Copics.  I added White Opal and Bisque Liquid Pearls and Baby Blue Stickles as accents.  The sentiment is from Paulette at Create With TLC.  A striped ribbon bow and a handmade heart button (made from punched cardstock and patterned paper) finished my card.

Here is a close-up of the image:


Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to visit the Copic/Promarker Challenge and check out the beautiful creations from my wonderful DT sistahs!  We hope you will be able to play along with us this week!  We have a fantastic challenge-specific prize from our own DT member, Dawn, for the month of January and there are always lots of awesome site-wide prizes up for grabs when you enter any challenge at The Outlawz!

I am entering my card in the following challenges;
Sweet Sketch Wednesday #187 (sketch)
Saturated Canary Challenge #34 (card based on a song; Elton John's Baby's Got Blue Eyes )
Cute Card Thursday #250 (something new; I used new baby)
Charisma Cardz #52 (monochromatic; I used all shades of blue, with just a bit of neutrals)
Simon Says Stamp (new something; I used "new baby")
Crafty Sentiments Designs (something new; I used new baby)

Here is SSW-187:



Have a wonderful day and weekend and see you soon!
Photobucket

37 comments:

  1. That is a precious butterfly baby image, Carla. I love what you did with the wings...just an outstanding card.
    Sunshine FINALLY in my part of the state and I LOVE it. :-)
    Have a fabulous weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Carla, beautiful colouring, gorgeous ribbon and cute little heart! Have a great weekend. Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful Carla. I love the postage stamp design paper background.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful design Carla! Love the coloring and background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All I can say is wow!!! This is really a gorgeous baby card. You hve really rocked on this one. I love the beautiful colors and detail work. Beautifully done!! Happy New Year Carla.. Thanks for joining us this week.
    Hugs, Nancy SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carla, I always look forward to seeing your cards! How precious, colored so masterfully and with such gorgeous papers too. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful as all your cards are Carla. I love the way you have used this image, and it is so beautifully colored. Love the pearls on the wings. Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is soooooooooo gorgeous sweetie this is my fave SC image & I just love these colours. This is awesome hun.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. That card is seriously beautiful, Carla! Love the way you coloured the baby. Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog and good luck with the candy draw.

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi sweetie, this is so gorgeous, love the colours too, gorgeous creation, huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is so gorgeous Carla,love it!!
    XXX Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just stunning, so love the papers and how you used the pearls. Happy to see you again at SSW.
    Hugs, Heide SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Carla this is absolutley adorable and your colouring is just an inspiration! Love your card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs this week.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  14. not that my dear is just gorgeous, I love the paper along with your image and fantastic coloring!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Carla, I gasped when I sa this card. It is just perfect, the colours, image and design - just gorgeous.
    Good to have you join us at Charisma Cardz this week. Look forward to seeing you again.
    Hugs Sheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous realization ! Well-kept work. Magnificent coloring on your baby. Too cute ! I like !

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week and Happy New Year 2013 !

    Hugs from France.
    Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Carla, Great way to start. Wonderful new beginnings for the start of the New Year. Beautiful job coloring and just love SC image it is so cute. Love your papers and the pearls looks so nice.
    Hugs, Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  18. While all of your work is phenomenal, this is one my absolute favourites. The colours, the image, the sentiment and of course your fabulous colouring job...it is all so complimentary. Thanks for sharing.

    Lisa D.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well it figures I would learn something new from you Carla...the button is a fantastic and cost saving idea, thanks.
    This card is adorable, and I love this little SC image. You've coloured it perfectly, as always. Well done girlie :)S

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great card, nice colouring. You have a lovely blog and a wonderful selection of crafts. Hugs, Brittany, xx
    http://mymagnoliacardsbybrittany.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  21. So very very sweet Carla. :-) The papers are just lovely and I just want to pinch his little cheeks. LOL hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautifully done - love the images and your papers. I also love the design you used with this cutie. Most of all I love her wings -- they are gorgeous!
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  23. How Sweet - I LOVE how you have used the papers in place of ribbon!! I have that paper pad, will definitely have to remember this!! Always love to see your work Carla!!
    Blessings to you!!
    Sally SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely colours on this pretty card. Lovely colouring too Carla. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your darling SC image, Carla and beautifully colored. She is such a sweetheart.
    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  26. Carla, what a spectacular card! Love your coloring of that sweet image; love the wonderful design, papers, and embellishments! The pearl pen accents are fab! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is lovely...Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Sentiments, and good luck..


    Caz CSD DT

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fantabulous colouring as always and such a very cute image. Gorgeous card all round Carla :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Awww. That image is sooooo cute and so beautifully colored!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I have tons of baby images but I've GOT to have this one! Totally adorable, I LOVE what you've done!

    ReplyDelete
  31. awww... such a darling image! beautiful card, Carla! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is just adorable, Carla! I love the little Butterfly Baby and you have done a wonderful job coloring it. I really like the paper you used too... it that Little Darlings? Thanks for visiting my blog. Your comments are always so sweet and kind.

    Hugs, Anne

    ReplyDelete
  33. Super sweet image and AMAZING coloring Carla! Thanks for playing along with the Anything Goes Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog this week!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Carla this is stunning. Your coloring is magnificent here and the papers and colors are lovely. This is a real masterpiece. Thanks for sharing it with us at SSW!
    Sharon, SSW DT

    ReplyDelete
  35. Gorgeous Hun I love the stamp have it myself but haven't got round to coloring it up yet :(

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz

    Hugs Mandy xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla