Thursday, January 17, 2013

Dream

Hi again!  I'm back with a super quick post to share a card I managed to squeeze in today while stuck inside watching it snow!  Yes, you heard right! It was snowing!  That's probably not much of a big deal for most of you, but it's not something we expect in AL!  Luckily, it looks like it will all melt by tomorrow.

Here is what it looked like from my front window a little while ago:


OK, on to my card.  It is for Tuesday Morning Sketches #181.  This week, the challenge is a judged one and the twist, besides following the sketch, was to add two different ribbons.

Here is the sketch:

Here is my card:


My card base and mats are SU Taken With Teal and the patterned paper is from the My Mind's Eye Follow Your Heart Be Amazing 6x6 pad.  The main image is one that Paulette generously shared during the Create With TLC blog hop last Sunday.  I believe you can still find it on Edwina's blog here. I really liked the vibrant colors of the bird image over the black and white map.  I added two pieces of dyed seam binding for my two ribbons.  The Scrabble pieces, from a pack of Basic Grey Fact or Fiction Chipboard Stickers, finished my card.  It's not my usual style, but it came together quickly and will be a great one to add to my stash.

Thanks for stopping by again!  I'll be back a few times over the next couple of days to post my various DT cards.

Have a great evening and see you soon!
Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. This is an amazing card, Carla. I love that image. I've been catching up on some of your fabulous work. Stunning! As ever! Your AL snow and location looks a tad like MA....welcome home!!! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Carla, loved all of the images from the hop, especially this one. Another great sketch you've found.
    We have about 7 and a half inches at the moment and it is still snowing but suppose to move out by around 11 tonight. It is suppose to warm up some tomorrow so hopefully ours won't stick around too long either.
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This may not be your usual style Carla but it looks fabulous!! Love every bit about it - the cool map with the bright bird, the seam binding, the sentiment at the top and the great scrabble tiles :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on this beautiful card. I love the bird image and I also like the bright bird over the b&W papers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Carla....I'm so jealous. You got more snow than I did. In parts of the city, there was more than at my house. It was coming down fairly hard but the flakes were so small I could hardly see them. I'll just hope for a big snow later this winter. :-)

    Your card is awesome. I love that colorful bird and the cool Scrabble pieces are fun.

    Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful snow!! I love snow!!
    Your card is so pretty!! I love the crinkly ribbon and the Scrabble tiles!!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had to work in snow the last week and it was hard!!
    Love your gorgeous card Carla!!
    XXX Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  8. The sentiment on the papers mixed with those totally fun Scrabble letters really make a great backdrop for your little birdie Carla. Lovely card! Glad you got to enjoy a little of the white stuff. :-) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't even tell you how much I love this card - the colours are so perfect, and I love the ribbons you chose, that beautiful image, and the quote...*happy sigh* Thanks so much for playing with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, Carla! Love the scrabble tiles for that element on the sketch... what a clever touch! Thanks so much for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, Carla..i LOVE the scrabble pieces, how fun and the image is beautiful..love the picture too! Thanks for using our sketch at Tuesday Morning Sketches for your card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous Carla! I love the scrabble tiles and the seam binding. A touch of whimsy and touch of elegance and a dash of vintage all in one. Lovely!! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! So pretty Carla. Love the scrabble letters. Thanks for playing with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my, what a gorgeous card--love what you did with that pretty image; love the design, papers & sentiment! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  15. It might not be your style, but it's wonderful!

    I love that bird and I love how you colored him.

    I also love the design and the Scrabble-piece sentiment.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla