Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Heartfelt Creations Alumni Design Team Blog Hop

Good morning!  Hope your Tuesday is off to a great start!  I get to start my day with a fun blog hop brought to you by the Heartfelt Creations Alumni Design Team!  Each month, a group of former DT members gets together and create projects with our favorite Heartfelt Creations products.  This is my first time participating in the hop since my DT term just ended a couple of weeks ago. I'm so looking forward to seeing everyone's gorgeous projects! If you arrived here from Marsha's blog, you are in the right place.  If not, you may want to start back at the beginning at Dina's blog and hop from there so you don't miss a thing.

Here is the my card for the hop:


I am well on my way to finishing my Christmas cards, so I stayed with that theme for my card.  I used one of my favorite Heartfelt Creations images from HCPC 3357 Snowy Winter Scene.  I kept my design fairly simple and let the beautiful image be the main focal point.  I started with an A6 card base of GKD Heavy Weight White and layered with patterned paper from the Bo Bunny Father Christmas 6x6 pad.  I stamped the image with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Cryogen White and colored the image with Copic markers.  I added some Polar White Flower Soft for the snow and a bit of Red Stickles on the gifts in the mailbox.  I embossed another piece of Cryogen White with the Grace's Frame Cuttlebug folder and cut a window with Spellbinders Petite Ovals Nestabilities.  I popped this layer up over my scene then popped the whole thing up on the card base.  A few red rhinestones finished my simple design.  One more easy-to-mail card for my stash!

Thanks for stopping by!  Now you'll want to hop on over to Debbie's blog and check out her wonderful creation!  Be sure to leave a comment on every blog while you're hopping because one randomly chosen commenter will win a $25 gift certificate from Heartfelt Creations!  You have until Friday, December 2 at midnight EST to leave your comments.  The winner will be announced Saturday at noon.

Just in case you get lost, here is the complete hop list:

Dina
Selma  
Karen Taylor
Olga 
Tesa
Marsha
Carla  (you are here)
Debbie
Linda

Enjoy the rest of the hop!
Photobucket

40 comments:

  1. You never cease to amaze me with your talent, this is beyond gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love that Heartfelt Creations stamp and you have created a gorgeous card with it Carla. I love how you framed it and your coloring is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy I, St. Louis MONovember 29, 2011 at 8:39 AM

    What a lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! The paper you used to frame the card is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your coloring of the snowy scene is perfect! I love that you let it be the focal point too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh, Carla! What an amazing card. Soooo beautiful! Your coloring is amazing, and so much fun and feeling with the flower soft!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is deffently a WOW! card I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card for the hop is soooo beautiful! Love all the detail and that winter scene is gorgeous!
    Hugz,
    Roxann

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Carla, you have colored this scene so beautifully! I love the framing around the scene also. Each of the little critters are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this so subtle yet beautiful image. And the embossing on the outside card is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful card Carla, just beautiful, you did a great job, love it all, PP, coloring, stamp, looks terrific!!
    Thanks for sharing your talents and design
    Hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just beautiful, Carla. I enlarged it to get an even better look. The packages in the mailbox are soooo pretty and I love that bg paper you used. Such a gorgeous, shimmery creation.

    We didn't get a flake of snow. I'm going to start predicting the weather and not bother with the weather forecast on TV. Ha

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the winter scene--it is so nostalgic and very sweet!! I also love the simplicity of this card--beautifully done!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is beautiful Carla, I love those trees
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card love the winter scene great coloring . Thanks for sharing
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful card Carla! Your colouring is fabulous!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the simplicity of this card and your coloring is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous Carla! I love this Winter scene and your coloring is beautiful! Also love the way you layered your image - so elegant!
    Hugs,
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  19. A definite "WOW" card!! Superb coloring on the image, and I love the "extra's" on the gifts in the mailbox! Love what you did with your frame, and the red rhinestones on the corners!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the winter scene. Beautiful.

    craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Carla, this is phenomenal....I love the entire scene and the way you designed the main focus of the card!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your card! I may have to case the layout, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I absolutely love your card! I love how you cut out the oval center and then embossed the sides. Your coloring is great!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love love love mail box cards - this is awesome
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the outdoor theme and the way you framed it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a wonderful scene. It is the perfect Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful design. Love the colors used. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the mailbox cards! THanks for sharing your creative spirit with those of us who struggle a little.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Ahhhhhhh, to be able to color like you. Your images never look washed out, but always brilliant and dimensional!

    ReplyDelete
  30. this is also a fav image - love your coloring and that you framed it!

    ReplyDelete
  31. lovely, elegant card. Your layout and paper choices do let the image and your coloring skills shine!
    R/

    ReplyDelete
  32. Often it is hard to come up with a card that you can mail and that is still elegant. You hit the jackpot here. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful, beautiful job on this card! Your coloring is excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a cute card! I love the stamp you used.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Very pretty--I like how your framed the image.
    slrdowney at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  36. This is such a pretty card, love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla