Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge #143

Hi again!  I'm back for another quick post.  I've been procrastinating on all my chores and instead snuck in another quick card today!  It is for Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge #143 which was to use the double embossing technique on our card.   I love the look of this technique but rarely think to do it. 

Here is my card:


I started with a card base of GKD Heavy Base Weight White.  I did my background embossing with the Cuttlebug Tiffany folder using a Spellbinders Labels Twenty cardboard mask.  I then embossed the clear area with the same Labels Twenty die.    I stamped the image from Flourishes Meet Me Under The Mistletoe set with Memento Tuxedo Black and colored it with Copics.  I stamped the image again on Cryogen White, colored it and popped it up on the base image.  The sentiment is also from Meet Me Under The Mistletoe.  I was so lucky to have won that set during last month's release and I couldn't wait to use it!  A few pearls on the kissing ball finished my simple card.

Thanks for stopping by again!  I really appreciate it!  See you soon!
Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. Oh Carla...this is gorgeous! I haven't done the embossing like that in a long time...I think I need to renew my skills on it, lol! I love the look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, this is beautiful! So clean and elegant. That gorgeous image fits perfectly in the die, and your coloring is beautiful, awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow Carla I love this...its so elegant and perfectly designed
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carla, this is awesome CAS card. I love the image and you colored it so beautiful. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carla, this is such an elegant card. Gorgeous work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Carla! Your card is stunning! Awesome job with the double embossing! Thanks for joining along with FTTC :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card...you make me want to purchase this set

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully done Carla! What stunning coloring on the mistletoe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is stunning! I love the embossing folder and die you used for the double embossing! Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carla, your card is GORGEOUS! Fabulous take on the FTTC....so fun that you had a chance to play along...hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla