Friday, November 4, 2011

Copic/Promarker Challenge - The Outlawz

Good morning!  It's really early for me and I haven't had my coffee yet, so please bear with me if this post is not coherent!  I am here to share my DT card for this week's Copic/Promarker Challenge on The Outlawz site.  This week's theme is "Thanks/Thanksgiving".  My card is also for this week's Mo's DP2 Challenge (#107) which had a theme of "Give Thanks".  Perfect!

Here is my card for both challenges:


 I started with a square card base of SU Blue Bayou and layered with More Mustard and patterned paper from the Basic Grey Pyrus 6x6 pad.  I merged two of Mo's wonderful images called Jingle Dancer and Charity.  They can be found in Mo's store here.  I thought they captured the spirit of the first Thanksgiving (Native Americans and Pilgrims sharing together).  I printed the image on Cryogen White Iridescent and colored with Copic markers.  The image was framed with a Spellbinders Lacey Square.  The sentiment was computer-generated then mounted on a Spellbinders Fancy Tag.  Some dyed seam binding, a button and a few charms finished my card.

Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to visit the Copic/Promarker Challenge on The Outlawz and check out the amazing creations from my DT sisters and our wonderful November Guest Designer, Lorraine! We hope you'll be inspired to play along with us!

Have a fantastic Friday!
Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. Carla, What a great idea to combine these two images for a Thanksgiving card! Love it! The colors are wonderful, too! Glad you shared it with us in Mo's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. another winner in my book, absoluetly gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carla, this is so cute.....I love those images - they are perfect! Your coloring is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Thanksgiving card, Carla. Lovely colors and perfectly merged images.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGoodness is that a mini corncob?? LOL How cool is that! Great job merging too. I’m so glad you could play with us this week at Mo’s!
    Hugs,
    Dorcas

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Carla!! How absolutely fabulous!! I love these two Mo images merged!! Aren't you clever! (I have still never merged images...hahaha!!) Your coloring is gorgeous, darlin'...amd those embellies are the best! So tickled to see you again this week at Mo's! Hugs! Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Carla!! Incredible card! Love the two images merged together and the colors are just beautiful!! Your ribbon/button/charm combo is the perfect touch! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carla this is just stunning!, I love the gorgeous warm colour tones on this beautiful...awesome colour work as always too :).
    Thanks for playing along with us this week at Mo's DP2.
    Hugs
    Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carla, this is just perfect with the two images you merged and of course your coloring is gorgeous. Thanks for playing the Mo's Challenge, always love to see your creations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh you are genius.. This is awesome. I love these two together. I would have never thought of this. Great job my friend. Thanks for joining us at Mo's.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Carla! You are definitely one of Mo's biggest fans:) This is one great merging, what beautiful images you've chosen; the colors are fantastic, so warm and nostalgic and your coloring simply fanatastic!
    Thanks for supporting Mo's challenges hun! Always a pleasure to come by!
    Hugs, Iulia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla