Friday, November 11, 2011

The Color Throwdown #167 and Sketch Saturday

Hi there!  I'm back really quick to share the card I made for two challenges: Sketch Saturday #180 and Color Throwdown #167.  I had my card almost all done earlier in the week, but set it aside and forgot to come back and finish it.  Thankfully, I got it done before the deadlines this time - lol!

Here is the Sketch Saturday sketch:


And here is the Color Throwdown swatch:


Here is my card for both challenges:

I started with a card base of SU Pool Party and layered with patterned papers from the Basic Grey Mistletoe & Pears and Eskimo Kisses collections.  I merged these two darling Mo Manning images called Kai in the Snow and Snowman.  They can be found in Mo's store here.  I just love the expression of joy on Kai's face in this one!  I printed the merged image and colored it with Copics.  I added some Snow Glitter to the pom poms on both hats and some Polar White Flower Soft for the falling snow and snow on the ground.  I wove some pink gingham ribbon through the fancy border cut with a Spellbinders Parisian Accents die and added a triple-loop bow.  The corner element is also from Parisian Accents.  A few adhesive pearls on the diecuts finished my card.

Thanks for coming by again!  I really appreciate it!  Enjoy the rest of your day and the weekend!
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, love the images and the design!!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch Saturday this week.
    Hugs, Bente

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carla, this is absolutely adorable. I love how you merged those two images...just super. Love your border and the awesome colors you've used. This is a top notch creation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Carla - how cute is this?! LOVE those papers/colors - the corner is gorgeous with the pearls and the pink gingham ribbon is just the sweetest! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet! The two images work perfectly together and I love how you've colored them. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, Carla...You are the Featured Stamper for the Color Throwdown this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! Your work is absolutely breath taking! This is an outstanding card with so much craft'woman'ship. Truly a pleasure perusing your blog.
    Just hopped in to say thank you for joining in my blog candy and good luck to you.
    Hope you are having a wonderful week.
    Hugs to you,
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla