Friday, November 18, 2011

CSS Alumni Blog Hop - Inspiration Challenge

Hi there!  It's time for another Center Stage Alumni Blog Hop!  I haven't been able to participate in the last couple of hops so I'm thrilled to be here!  This time it's an Inspiration Challenge.  If you came here from Betty's blog, you are in the right place.  If not, you'll definitely want to go back to the StampTV forum and start from the beginning so you don't miss anything. 

Here is the inspiration photo Carolina gave us:


Here's what I came up with:


I was obviously inspired by the colors and all the little round boxes in the photo.  I don't usually work so literally from the inspiration piece, but I did with this one, for some reason.  I also issued myself an extra challenge to try and use some of my older Gina K. Designs sets instead of always reaching for the newer ones.  I started with a card base of Pure Luxury Ocean Mist and layered with patterned paper from the Basic Grey Mistletoe & Pears 12x12 pad.   Using Spellbinders Scallop Circle Nesties, I cut out a scalloped circle from Ocean Mist, Green Apple, Grass Green, Lipstick Red, Cranberry Tart and Innocent Pink cardstock.  I layered each with a small circle cut from different patterns in the Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses 6x6 pad with Spellbinders Classic Circle Dies.  I stamped sentiments from The Magic of Christmas, Festive Frame and First Christmas onto three of the circles with Versamark and heat embossed with white embossing powder.  On the remaining three circles, I stamped different snowflakes from The Magic of Christmas set.  I added "pearls" around all the scalloped frames with a Viva Decor Ice White Pearl Pen.  I added a few iridescent gems to the centers of the snowflakes.  A few tiny bows on the remaining circles finished my card. 

Thanks for stopping by my blog!  Next, hop on over to Carolina's blog where she has a fantastic creation to share with you.  Be sure to leave a comment on every blog as you hop along because on Tuesday morning (November 22), we will randomly choose one of the comments from all the blogs and the lucky commenter will get a stamp set of their choice valued up to $24.95!

Enjoy the rest of the hop and have a great weekend! 
Photobucket

61 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Carla. I too was wanting to take this photo literally. Love you how did it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is gorgeous! I love how you took the literal layout of the circles and the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, wow, wow Carla, your card is amazing. I love all of the attention to detail. Just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card Carla- love it! What a great idea to interpret it literally!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Carla!! I love how your card is so much like the inspiration piece!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. BEAUTIFUL, Carla! And so VERY happy to have you back with us. You've been missed. This is an outstanding visual of the inspiration. I love your combination of papers and cs and yes.....how cool to use the older sets.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carla- I am blown away. Amazing how many different stamp sets you used-love this card! I like the colors you chose too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carla, Fantastic card!! I love all the details and the mix of pattern papers. You and I were on the same page with the colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty Carla. Love how you used the inspiration piece and love how you embellished it all. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful take from the photo! Your colors are right on!

    ReplyDelete
  11. you truly nailed the photo! beautiful card kid-oh (-:

    ReplyDelete
  12. Carla, can you say 'STUNNING'? Holy scarp Sistah!!! Your take on the inspiration photo is BRILLIANT!!! Love every aspect of your design!!!

    Love and hugs to you Sistah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Eeek - serious perfection! You captured the inspiration piece perfectly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I so love this! Those pearls are so perfect for this card! Love the colors... oh I just love everything about it! TFS!

    Kris in Alaska
    funamom at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Carla, this is beautiful and love how you interpreted the inspiration piece. Great choices of dp.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful, Carla. What a splendid job with your inspiration piece. And, it is nice sometimes to reach for the older images and give them some love. Super card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Carla, this is so beautiful and I love how you interpreted the photo so literally!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is fabulous, Carla! I was just using some of that dp yesterday for holiday cards I was making; it's such a fun pack and you did a great job of combing the various patterns here. Great inspiration for using up some scraps also! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very clever! Love reaching back to my older stamps as well.

    ReplyDelete
  20. GORGEOUS!!! That is one fabulous card, Carla. I can only say, I love EVERYTHING about it! TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for sharing your projects - always love the CSS Alumni Blog Hops - such inspiration you ladies have! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, talk about inspiration!!!! This is it!!!!Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great card, Carla, love all those circles.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous arrangement and so bright and colourful.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the card. What beautiful paper and wonderful detail. Done to perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Another beautiful card, Carla! Love all your designs!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your card. Now I have
    an idea on how to use some
    small Christmas images on a
    card...thank you so much.
    Gladys R.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Carla, love you card, you take on the inspiration photo is great, and love your choice of PP paers they all go so well with one another!! Such a lovely festive and pretty card.
    Thanks for shairng
    husg
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  29. Really great work! Love your take on the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  30. very cool design - Joyce T.

    ReplyDelete
  31. OMGoodness! I LOVE your card! So fun and festive!

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a sweet card! I bet that was really fun to put together.

    ReplyDelete
  33. This makes me want to get out the heat gun and embossing powder! I had no idea what a pearl pen was! I learn a lot from blog hopping! Thanks for the incredible ideas :)

    aloha, rosy

    ReplyDelete
  34. Carla, you nailed the inspiration photo! Totally perfect project! Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love this card. I really like the embossed images on the die cut pieces. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  36. This is a yummy gorgeous Christmas card. So bright and cheerful. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  37. I am really inspired by your card it is beautiful= Dee T

    ReplyDelete
  38. This is gorgeous - such a lot of work involved.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love the design, just beautiful and well done.

    ReplyDelete
  40. This card really puts in in the holiday spirit. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Two words:
    Simply Stunning
    Pam Schall

    ReplyDelete
  42. This is stunning...great job!!!! Love your literal interpretation!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Gorgeous card. Tanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Great and literal take. Beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Oh My! This is a beautiful Card! Love the colors and how you made it look just like the picture sample.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Beautiful! I love all the pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Beautiful card - love the pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Carla, I love how you have accented the scallops! Your paper is beautiful! (like minds...teehee)

    ReplyDelete
  49. Great card! Yes, it's literal, but its so well done! I think I would be tempted to go this way too.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Oh WOW! This card is absolutely gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla