Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Fairy Card for Starla

Hello!  Happy Wednesday!  I hope you've had a good week so far!  We are halfway to the weekend!  Yay!  I have a bunch of things to do today so I'm dropping in quickly to share a card I made for a fun challenge.  Starla, from You Could Be Wishing On A Star, is celebrating her birthday, her one year blogaversary and reaching 100 followers with a fun blog hop and challenge.  Starla loves fairies so the challenge is to create a fairy-inspired project.  You'll definitely want to check out all the festivities on Starla's blog!

Here is my fairy card for the challenge:


I started with a card base of SU Pool Party and layered with Groovy Guava and fairy patterned paper from the Graphic 45 Once Upon A Springtime 8x8 pad.  I went with a bit different layout. My fairy image is digi called Vintage Fairy Meeting from Create With TLC.  I printed it on Cryogen White and colored with Copic markers.  I sponged with Tim Holtz Antique Linen Distress Ink and added some Stickles to the fairies' wings and caps.  The only embellishments I added were a pretty Prima fabric flower and a bit of iridescent ribbon.

My card is also for the Digital Tuesday Challenge #136 which had a theme of "anything goes".  You just needed to include at least one digital element on your project.

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you enjoy your day!  See you soon!
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Love those little fairies....gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those colors are beautiful together! Thanks for playing at Digital Tuesday Challenge.

    PS-I have blog candy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Carla, this is just fabulous!! Your coloring is wonderful, and that paper.....just perfect! What a gorgeous card. Thank you so much for joining in my celebration, both the blog hop and the challenge. Hugs!!

    xx Star

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla