Sunday, February 20, 2011

Tuesday Trigger and Just Us Girls #72

Hi there!  Where on earth did the whole weekend go?  I can't believe it's already Sunday evening!  I have a card to share that I made for two challenges - the "Comfy Cozy" Tuesday Trigger on Moxie Fab World and the Just Us Girls Challenge #72 which this week was a color challenge hosted by Kathryn.

Here is the trigger photo:


And here are the colors for the JUGS challenge:


Finally, here is my card for both challenges:


 
What a wonderful coincidence that the colors for the JUGS challenge were the primary colors in the trigger photo!  I took my inspiration from the colors, the pretty florals in the rug and throw pillows and the touch of soft blue in the painted wall and striped pillows.  My card base is GKD Pure Luxury Heavy Base Weight Ivory.  The patterned paper is from the Webster's Pages Spring Market/Yacht Club/Country Estate Petite Papers pack.  It is matted with GKD Kraft.  I added some light aqua wrinkled seam binding and a small rose I made from Naturals Ivory CS using a Marvy flower punch.  The rose was distressed with Tim Holtz Antique Linen and Tattered Rose Distress Inks.  The sentiment is from Gina K. Designs Lovely Labels 2 set and it is stamped with SU Vintage Violet.  A small pearl flourish from Recollections (Michael's) finished it off.

Thanks for stopping by!  Hope to see you again soon!
Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. Hey Carla...where's your card? I'm sure it's beautiful, but I can't see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I see it...it wasn't there when I was here earlier! Strange! But it's gorgeous! Love that perfect dp with the addition of the pearls, beautiful colored shabby seam binding and flower! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it, so soft and elegant, where do you find that ribbon? I love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful design Carla and lovely combo of colors from the Jugs challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Carla! What a pretty approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for joining in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one blinged up and colored to PERFECTION, dreamy and gorgeous card, Carla! Glad to know these colors are WORKIN' all over the place! hee hee I'm SO delighted that you shared your fabulous work with Just Us Girls! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Carla this is so gorgeous!!! I love these Websters pages! I need to find them soon!!! :) Love the soft colors and beautiful seam binging!!! I love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Carla! Love the Webster paper you used along with just the right amount of blingy pearls and that ribbon I just love!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Carla! Such a beautiful card! The pearls and seam binding are fabulous!! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how elegant and beautiful!! I just love that paper!! The color of the seam binding and your design is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card-love the dp you used!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla