Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Beautiful Award

I couldn't have been more surprised when I went to her blog today and saw that my blogging friend, Theresa, had presented me with this award:


I first met Theresa on StampTV.  One day she sent me a PM and told me I should start my own blog.  It took me quite awhile, but I finally did it!  I've only been blogging for 2 months, so I was incredibly honored that Theresa thought my blog was worthy of this award.  Be sure to stop by Theresa's blog and see all her gorgeous creations! 

Here are the Rules of Award Acceptance :
  • Right-click on the award and save it to your computer to add to your blog.
  • Choose FIVE (5) worthy recipients and list them. Next to their blog name, give ONE reason why you think their blog is special. What catches your eye about them? What do you love?
  • On your blog page, list 5 things about yourself.  Include at least one thing you enjoy about your craft.
The most difficult part of accepting this award is selecting only 5 people to pass it on to!  There are so many amazing blogs out there that inspire me every day!  I decided to pass on the award to 5 stamping friends who truly encouraged me to start blogging.  I'd like to present this beautiful award to the following recipients:

Brenda T. at http://stamp-it-up.blogspot.com/  I met Brenda on StampTV.  We are both on the Center Stage Alumni Team and she and I were challenge hostesses together. Brenda has amazingly creative and beautiful designs on her blog!
Cheri W. at http://stampnboomer.blogspot.com/  I also met Cheri on StampTV as a member of the Center Stage Alumni Team.  Although we've never met in person, she seems like a dear, old friend.  Cheri shares such wonderful cards and projects on her blog!
Dawn B. at http://mystampingthyme.blogspot.com/  I've had the pleasure of meeting Dawn in person several times since we only live a couple of hours apart.  Dawn's coloring is absolutely exquisite and her designs are gorgeous!  I'd love to be able to color like her some day!
Grace N. at http://th-ink-ingofyou.blogspot.com/  I've been lucky enough to also meet Grace in person. Along with Dawn, we love to meet for coffee and shopping (for stamps and paper)!  Grace's cards are so gorgeous and elegant!  She uses beautiful images, papers and embellishments for her special creations!
Jennie H. at http://stampawaytheday.blogspot.com/  I met Jennie through StampTV and we later got to meet in person at a local stamp show. Each and every one of her cards is beautifully designed!  She has a wonderful style that I always enjoy when I visit her blog!

I know some people don't do blog awards, but I hope all these extremely talented ladies will know that the inspiration they share is truly appreciated!

Now, for 5 things about me:
  1. I love card-making for the creative outlet it provides and for the wonderful friends I've made through this craft. 
  2. I have an "addiction" to patterned paper (you may actually know that - lol)!
  3. I also make jewelry. Before I became obsessed with stamping and card-making, I was big into making beaded jewelry.
  4. I love cats!  I have a large collection of cat items, but only two live ones.  They are littermates and rescue kitties and they are my babies, even though they are nearly 13 years old now.
  5. I worked in research in the pharmaceutical industry for almost 25 years.
Thanks again, Theresa, for honoring me with this award!
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Interesting!!! I knew you liked pattern paper, but not the work you had done in the pharmaceutical industry, cool! You deserve this award!!! Your blog is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carla! Thank you sooo much for honoring me with this lovely award!!! Your words were so sweet! I am sooo happy that you have started your blog! I enjoy coming here and you always have some wonderful creations to share!!! You and I started this craft about the same time and I think we've both learned a lot and come a long way.... and spent a LOT of money too! LOL! Gotta love that dp!!!! :) Can't wait to see you in March!
    hugs, and thanks again!
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carla thank you so much! What a huge honor. I was very thrilled when you started blogging and sharing your lovely creations with everyone. I will work on passing on this wonderful award tomorrow.
    Thank you again my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the kind words. You are so deserving of this award. There are many of us who are so glad that you began blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Carla! You are such a dear "old" friend and I truly appreciate the blog award. Watching you create and post has been a fantastic pasttime of mine. Thank you for the award. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so sweet.. I LOVE your blog. I learned something new about you today. :) I would love to learn to make jewelry. Maybe you can teach me..hehe. I love kitties too. My son wants one so badly.. Can't wait to see you and huge hugs for the award..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for this award Carla and for the kind words! I am so happy you started a blog...love popping in and seeing even more details of your designs.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla