Friday, February 11, 2011

CSS Alumni Blog Hop - Inspiration Challenge

It's time for another CSS Alumni Blog Hop!  This time we have an Inspiration Challenge with an inspiration photo courtesy of our very own, Miesje Flach!  If you arrived here from Betty's blog, you are in the right place.  If not, you will want to start back at the StampTV forum so you don't miss a thing! 

Here is the photo we were to be inspired by:


Here is my card:


I was inspired by the color scheme and the branch wreath.  I started with the layout from Gina's Sketch Spotlight Challenge from last week (stvsksp12).  My card base is GKD Pure Luxury Cranberry Tart and I layered that with Layering Weight Ivory.  The patterned paper is from the Basic Grey Indian Summer collection.  I stamped the trees from Gina's Tree Silhouettes with Versamark and Vivid Coffee Bean and embossed with clear EP.  The sentiment is from the same set.  I layered it on one of the Spellbinders Fancy Tags and added a couple of ivory pearls.  The image panels were cut with Spellbinders Petite Oval Nestabilities and popped up. 

Thanks for stopping by!  Now, hop on over to Carolina's blog where she has a truly inspired creation to share with you!
Photobucket

36 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Carla and great job with the sketch!! Funny thing, I thought about using this set too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful take on the challenge. Great placement and I love the peek inside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Carla! Wonderful job with this inspiration challenge - you matched your image as well as the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous interpretation of the photo Carla. Perfect illustration, DF.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesbomb card Carla! That BG paper is perfect for your beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely winter card Carla!!! Where you drew inspiration is seen so clearly...darlin' card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carla, this is such a great interpretation of the inspiration. That layout and dp compliment those trees perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! I love that pattern paper.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome! I really like the trees, you have such an incredible talent! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. PS : I do not think that Mo and Jo were gone at all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Carla, This is beautiful!!! I love your take on the photo and the pattern paper is perfect with the trees!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How gorgeous, Carla! That is the perfect set for this! Love the Indian Summer paper!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great inspiration card-love those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous card, Carla! Great papers and I love the fancy tag.

    ReplyDelete
  15. love it Carla! you always combine such beautiful papers (-:

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so delightful! Wonderful DPs.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Carla- This is wonderful, a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow - great minds do work alike, great card. I was in home decor mode I guess....
    I love the trees with that DP and you even worked in the sketch - I tried to get the sketch into mine somehow but couldn't :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. ooo I love how this turned out. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card. Love the colors.
    Lee Ellen
    wigellen@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous card, Carla! Perfect inspiration piece and the colors are so beautiful together! (makes me wanna be there!)
    Great job!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful. I even have the dies for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow -- your colours are right on the money! Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Perfectly represents all the elements in the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Well you knocked this one out of the ball park.. This is wonderful. What a great inspiration picture. Would love to have that in my house.. Your paper is perfect.. Great job my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the colors used in this card. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wonderful take on the inspiration & beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lovely card, Carla! I really like the colors you used and the trees are a great interpretation of the inspiration photo.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love this card! The colors are great- you really caught the essence of the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Holy Moly Carla!!! You really do incredible work on inspiration challenges!!! I find them so hard and you totally rocked this one!!! I love it!!! Awesome in every detail!!!! Can't wait to see you in March!

    ReplyDelete
  31. very cool, love your paper choices.
    Sandra ltb

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla