Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Tuesday Trigger and Card Patterns Sketch 103

Good evening! You must have thought I disappeared!  I didn't - I just seem to be very busy with real life lately and it's been hard to stop long enough to make cards and get them posted here.  That said, tonight I am sharing a card I made for Card Patterns Sketch 103 and this week's Tuesday Trigger on Moxie Fab World - Flower Power.  It's a very special week on the Card Patterns blog because they are celebrating their two year anniversary!  There are lots of inspiring designs and some great prizes, so you'll definitely want to check it out!
Here is the Card Patterns sketch:


And here is this week's Trigger photo:

Here is my take on both challenges:


Anyone who knows me knows this is definitely NOT my usual style, but as soon as I saw the Trigger photo, I knew I had to pull out my Tim Holtz Tattered Florals Die and give it a go.  I cut out three each of the three smallest of the florals using SU Rich Razzleberry, Taken With Teal, Tangerine Tango and Kiwi Kiss cardstock.  I layered the three flowers with one of each size in the various color combos and added a coordinating rhinestone to the center of each flower.  I popped the flowers up on different levels with foam tape.  I added a Basic Grey button in the same colors to the border of each flower and that was it. 

Thanks for popping by!  See you soon!
Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. Dynamic duo! Great combination of the Trigger and the sketch. This is GENIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Carla!What a happy card and it fits perfectly into both these challenges! Great job! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! You did a fantastic job. I would not of even touched that sketch, couldn't think of a thing and look what you came up with, BRAVO!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I finally have you listed on my sidebar and I hope I get to visit more often! You did an awesome job covering both of these challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow! Love how you incorporated the Moxie trigger! Fabulous job! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGoodness Carla you nailed both challenges!!! I think these were both really difficult! Way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. okay, you rocked both challenges...wow! Thanks for joining us in the Card Patterns 2nd Anniversary Festivities!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun Carla! I love the bold colors you used here. So glad you could help us celebrate Card Patterns 2nd anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carla, GREAT card - it reminds me of modern Art!(and I love modern art) I love the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  10. VERY challenging sketch, Carla. You took it up a level....fantastic interpretation of both challenges. WTG!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Carla! What a fun approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your work is just lovely...thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla