Sunday, February 6, 2011

Just Us Girls #70

Hope you are having a great weekend so far!  I'm sure lots of you are getting ready for the Super Bowl.  Once the New England Patriots were out of the running, I lost interest, so I'm going to try to get some stamping in instead!
Today I am sharing a card I made for this week's Just Us Girls Challenge #70, which was a sketch challenge hosted by Dana.  Here is the fun sketch we had to work with:


Here is my take on the sketch:


My card base is GKD Pure Luxury Black Onyx.  I used patterned papers from the Webster's Pages Hollywood Vogue/WonderFALL Petite Papers pack.  My label frame is from Gina K. Designs Lovely Labels 2 (by Nina Brackett) and the sentiment is from the GKD set, Arranged With Love (by Melanie Muenchinger). They were stamped onto Cryogen White Iridescent (Paper Temptress) with SU Blue Bayou and Memento Tuxedo Black, respectively.  I created a handmade flower using the Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die.  I cut the two smallest flowers out of DP, vellum and Webster's Vintage Inspired Netting and layered them all, slightly offset, then added a pearl to the flower center.  I saw the idea for this on Melissa Samuels' blog here.  I dyed some seam binding to match the color of the netting and created a shabby bow under my flower.  I finished my card with a Zva Creative Pearl Flourish and a Cuttlebug Vintage corner diecut to which I also added an adhesive pearl.

Thanks for visiting!  I truly appreciate it!
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Oh Carla!!! WOW! What a beauty!!! Geez girl, this is awesome!!! Great job with the sketch! Thanks so much for playing along with JUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now there is a jaw dropper! Carla that is gorgeous!!!!! Good luck with the challenge, that card is a winner in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty Carla. I adore your handmade flower (surprise surprise, right?!?) and the pearl swirls are so elegant. Thanks so much for playing with Just Us Girls this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a real beauty Carla! Love the Design paper and that layered flower is beautiful!

    Thanks so much for getting sketchy with JUGS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this paper. It looks great with your pearl flourishes.. Great card Carla..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my goodness, gracious! This card is ABSOLUTELY stunning, Carla! Your use of the JUST US GIRLS sketch is positively WONDERFUL! Thanks for sharing your wonderful talent, my dear! Yee Haw!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla