Monday, February 7, 2011

Outlawz Birthday Card Challenge

Hi there!  Tonight I am sharing a card I made for this week's Birthday Card Challenge over at the new challenge site - The Outlawz.  I started seeing this site popping up around blogland and had to check it out.  They host fun daily challenges and there's lots of talented people contributing fabulous projects to inspire you!  You'll definitely want to check it out, too!

For this week's birthday card challenge, you had to have a birthday sentiment on the front of the card and include a fairy, angel or butterfly. 

Here is my card for the challenge:


Sadly, I don't have any fairy or angel stamps, so I used the beautiful patterned paper from the Graphic 45 Once Upon A Springtime pad for my fairies.  I started with a base of Papertrey Aqua Mist.  All of my papers are from the Graphic 45 pad.  I cut out the fairy postage and all the little fairies from various sheets in the collection.  I popped them up on foam tape around a central fairy image from another of the sheets. The salmon panel was cut out of DP with a Spellbinders Labels Four Nestability.  My birthday sentiment and frame are from Gina K. Designs Fanciful Tags (by Nina Brackett).  I layered the sentiment on a Spellbinders Fancy Tag.  I  added a couple of peach pearls to finish it.

Thanks for stopping by!  Hope you have a great evening!
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Stunning card Carla!! Love the vintage flair and your colors!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I saw this some where, maybe over at Outlawz, it's beautiful!!!1 Love the colors and layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the colors and the postage at the bottom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These colors are so soft and feminine. I always struggle with warm colors. This is beautiful. You chose the perfect paper.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla