Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Party Animal

Hi there!  Happy Tuesday!  Hope your week is off to a great start!  I am scrambling to get a lot done this week and can't seem to stay on track.  I did manage to make a fun card that I had hoped to have posted on Sunday.  Have you seen that Paulette has a new feature over on her Create With TLC blog?  It's called Show It Off Sunday and every Sunday, Paulette will have a new Linky Party up for you to post anything crafty that is handmade by you and has been shown on your blog.  It doesn't have to be a card and it is not restricted to items using Create With TLC products, although I am sure Paulette would like to see those, too!

Grab this badge and head over to post your own project for Show It Off Sunday!


Here is the project I am linking up this week:


I made a card using a fun image and sentiment from Create With TLC.  The card base and mats are SU Real Red and the patterned papers are from the Bo Bunny Surprise 6x6 pad.  I colored the giraffe and balloons with my Copics, then added a bunch of brightly-colored Stickles to make them sparkle.  A couple of balloon stickers and a few gems from my stash finished my card.

Here is a close-up of the image:


Thanks for stopping by!  I hope to get by to visit you a little later once I've ticked a few more things off my to do list.

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Sketch N Stash #122 (sketch)
Love to Create Challenge #85 (candy photo inspired)

Here is the sketch:


And here is the candy photo I used for inspiration:


Have a great evening and see you soon!
Photobucket

20 comments:

  1. Carla, this really is a fun, colorful, and very cheerful card. Love your sparkly balloons and cute as can be giraffe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic!!! I love the papers, the image and those balloons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL. That's a funny image. Love giraffes. Have a great week. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute and colourful :) Love the added sparkles and great sentiment for that fab image!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carla, love that giraffe who has fur that looks life-like. The weeks never seem to be long enough or is that our lists are just too long???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun card! Love all the bright colors and the balloons. Love the sketch. Great minds think alike, just posted a card a few hours ago using that sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is funny and gorgeous Carla!!
    XXX Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Carla! This is just toooooo cute! Your coloring is fantastic as well as your color palette. You really make such beautiful cards!
    Hugs,
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL! Thank you for the giggles! This card is too cute! Just imaging a giraffe partying is enough to make a person snicker, but seeing the image come to life on your card is worthy of a laugh out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just absolutely love the balloons on your card! I guess I'm in to sparkly things! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have given me a good laugh this morning with this adorable card. That partying giraffe is just too cute! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. a gorgeous card & image darl... love the balloons & the dp's too :)

    Thanx for joining in with us over at Sketch N Stash... good luck :)

    hugz Angie xXx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Carla, this is the best colored giraffe I've ever seen. Your balloons look great with the Stickles. Thanks for the info on the challenges. Hope you get those check marks going on your list. I'm always glad when your list includes making and showcasing your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Okay Carla, I love everything about this card. I love the colors, sparkle and more importantly the "candy" inspiration. Not to mention that it is a party animal card. lol TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Party on!!! OMGosh, this is so cute! I love the fun, bright colors & DP; great take on the sketch; love your fab coloring & all that sparkle! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  16. Carla your card is delightful and I love those balloons - wonderful!
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fantastic card, love the bold colors and your design is great! Love it!

    Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us this week at Love to Create.
    Best of luck and we'd love to have you visit again!

    Hugs Mian
    Love to Create Design Team Member
    Mian's Crafty Corner

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is adorable, Carla! So bright and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome card Carla! Love your take on the sketch, and your candy inspiration! Thank you for joining us for our Candy Inspired Challenge this week at Love to Create.
    Ruza, LTC Designer

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh how cute! I love giraffes!!! Thanks so much for participating in our LOVE TO CREATE challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla