Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Elphine House Challenge #52 - Shaped Cards

Hi there!  How are you doing?  I hope your week got off to a great start!  I am out of town for a couple of days, so this is a scheduled post and I sure hope you are seeing it on time.  I am here to share my DT card for the new challenge on the Elphine House Australia blog.  The theme this month is "shaped cards".  We want to see cards with any shape other than square or rectangle.

Here is my card:


My card base and mats are from my cardstock stash and the patterned paper is from the My Mind's Eye Collectable "Remarkable" 6x6 pad. The shaped base and layer patterns were cut with my Cameo using a free cut file called Lacey Circle Frame 2 from Bird's Cards. The adorable image is Laura's Yummy Pudding by Elisabeth Bell for Elphine House Australia.  I stamped her on MiC Blending Card and colored her with my Copics.  She was framed with a Spellbinders Floral Oval diecut.  The sentiment is from Create With TLC.  A dotted ribbon bow and a few Wild Orchid Crafts flowers finished my card.

Here is a close-up of the colored image:


Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to visit the Elphine House blog and check out the gorgeous creations from the rest of the amazing DT!  We hope you will play along!  You have until Tuesday, November 19, Brisbane, Australia time to enter your project.  Remember, you must use an Elisabeth Bell image (any company) to enter.

I am entering my card in the following challenge:
Elisabeth Bell's World September/October Challenge (shaped cards)

Have a great day!  I'll be by to visit as soon as I get home!
Photobucket

16 comments:

  1. Carla, this is precious. Love the image and your coloring as usual. Hope you are having a great time away - you deserve a break and an escape!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous shape Carla and the colours too. Hugs Lisa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous shape Carla and the colours too. Hugs Lisa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a wonderful shape, Carla, and I love the little checks, along with that sweet image.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweetie Cala and great shape!!
    XXX Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Love the unusual shape!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the Fall color scheme and as always wonderful coloring of such a sweet image!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your shaped card Carla and the sentiment is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic card--love the shape you made; love your layers & DP & colors & embellies; and you colored that darling image beautifully, as you always do! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Carla. Absolutely love this shaped card. Great design and beautiful coloring. Beautiful image.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Carla, Gorgeous card as always! I love this stamp. She was one of the first stamps we got when EHA started, infact i used her in my very first EHA post..that was before the challenge blog had started! Seems like such a long time ago!!
    Thanks for the lovely comment about my mum and me! She is covered in bruises today!! My card was kind of a trial that i liked so used it for the challenge. I seen one like that with the label 1 die on pinterest but cant find it again so had to just try and see if it worked and i like how it turned out! Cant wait to see what you create!!
    Hugs
    Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your colors are so stunning and the shape is wonderful. Your coloring as always is fantastic. LOve everything.
    Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty as always :) A very sweet image and I love the shaped card with the Cameo cut out - works beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  14. AW!! Now this is so precious Carla!! LOVE the bright colors you've used with your shapely design! HUGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, this is just gorgeous! Love the shape and the die cut! Wonderful color integration throughout the design. The paper showing through the die creates a nice peek-a-boo effect. Beautifully done!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla