Friday, October 25, 2013

Alcohol Markers Challenge - The Outlawz

Good morning!  Happy Friday!  Hope you've had a great week and you have fun plans for the weekend!  My weekend won't be that fun, I'm sure.  I am having back surgery today, so this post is pre-scheduled, as will all of my posts be until I am able to get up and around again.  I hope it won't be long before I can at least get back on-line, but it may take me a bit to catch up and come by to visit.  Anyway, I am here to share my DT card for this week's Alcohol Markers Challenge at The Outlawz site.  As always for the last challenge of the month, the theme is "anything goes" with the option to make it a Christmas creation.  You can do whatever you'd like, but please remember your project must have coloring with Alcohol markers (any brand).

Here is my card:


My card base and mats are GKD Cranberry Tart and the patterned papers are from the My Mind's Eye Vintage Christmas 6x6 pad.  The precious image is Christmas Angel Daniella by Elisabeth Bell for Belles 'n Whistles.  I got her from Dies to Die For when I received a gift voucher from winning a challenge they sponsored.  I stamped her on MiC Blending Card and colored her with my Copics.  In case you are interested, this image is also available as a pre-colored card topper in a set called Christmas Angels from The Hobby House.  I added a bit of Shabby White Frantage around the image and stitched around all the panels of my sketch.  The sentiment is from Create With TLC.  A double-loop satin bow, a pearl stick pin and a bunch of beautiful Wild Orchid Crafts roses finished my Christmas card.

Here is a close-up of the colored image:


Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to visit the Alcohol Markers Challenge and check out the beautiful creations from the rest of the DT!  We hope you will play along with our final challenge of October!  There are always lots of awesome prizes up for grabs when you enter the challenges at The Outlawz!

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
The Hobby House Challenge #5 (roses)
Seems a Little Sketchy #50 (sketch)
The Digi Bells Guest Design Team Call (anything Christmas with Elisabeth Bell)
Crafts-Too Challenge You #4 (Theme: Christmas; Twist 2: what Christmas means to you ; to me it's the spirit of giving and the sharing of peace and love)
613 Avenue Create #42 (create your own challenge; see below)

Here is SALS #50:


Here is the 613 Avenue C CYOC grid:


Column 1: image, sentiment, patterned paper
Column 2: any sketch
Column 3: Glossy Accents, Fran-Tage
Column 4: pearls, flowers
Column 5: ribbon, stitching

Have a great weekend and I will be back as soon as I can!
Photobucket

28 comments:

  1. Carla, your card is adorable. Love that sweet image and the Frantage looks super.
    I'm sending prayers for you as you endure surgery. Hope it is something that will heal quickly and you'll be up and about very soon. Hugs........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Carla....very pretty papers and fab colouring of that adorable image...have a lovely weekend!
    ♥♥♥ Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! I love the angel and the pretty roses! Thanks for using our sketch and joining us at Seems a Little Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Carla as always. Beautiful sketch and coloring. You are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Carla annd sending big hugs your way and hope you will be back real soon!
    XXXXXXX Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope that your recovery is quick!! Thinking of you!
    Gorgeous card!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the Christmas colours, such a sweet stamp, just beautiful Carla, Good Luck with the GDT call at Digi Bells
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, another gorgeous Christmas card, Carla! I love that sweet image! Your coloring is fabulous, love the frantage, love your stitching & take on the sketch & your DP. Really beautiful embellies, too! :^)
    Hope your surgery went smoothly and that you are already on your way to a speedy and complete recovery, though I imagine you are a little out of it right now, lol! :^)
    Biggest hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carla, this is just fabulous! The way you colored your image is beautiful, so soft and ethereal! Your papers are just beautiful. You must have a paper muse who guides you when you buy paper. You absolutely nailed the sketch by presented it with an elevated design. Always a delight to find one of your creation on our front porch here at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am keeping you close in thought and am praying that all went well with the surgery. The first week will be rough but trust me, it will pass and get a little bit better every day. I will continue to pray for a speedy recovery...hang in there my friend. Sending you lots of get well hugs across the miles xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous, beautiful card. Wishing you speedy recovery.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  12. She is one lovely image isn't she and love your colouring, thank you for mentioning the toppers from the HH and thank you for joining us at the Hobby House challenge
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this is gorgeous Carla!

    Thanks for playing along with us at Seems A Little Sketchy!

    Hugs, Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card.. wishing you a speedy recovery, Carla...hope to see you back soon. xxx Ann Marie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautifully colored and lovettgd embellishments Carla. Hope you get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hope your surgery went well and you're on the mend. Beautiful card and your coloring, as always, is amazing.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely gorgeous! The image is precious and so beautifully coloured! The sketch is awesome and your papers are a perfect match, I see you had your sewing machine out too! Gorgeous work as always and I love the sentiment too. I am praying for a speedy recovery! Cheers, Sandra xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Another simply gorgeous card Carla! Your Christmas card recipients will all be so thrilled with their cards this year I'm sure. Wishing you a super speedy recovery :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Carla, this card is beautiful! Love the elegant vibe. Sending healing thoughts and prayers for a quick recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely beautiful, Carla! Love your beautiful stitching, fabulous colouring and gorgeous layout! I hope your surgery went well and wish you a speedy recovery!
    Thank you for joining us at the Hobby House 'Roses' Challenge and Good Luck!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very pretty card, it's such a sweet image.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  22. Absolutely BRILLIANT! I loooove the DP, the image and the layout! You have outdone yourself Carla!!! Thank you for joining the GDT call at the DigiBells!!

    Hugs
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really love this image and your coloring is gorgeous Carla!! Love the added embossing on this as well! :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  24. Get well soon, Carla. I wish you a speedy recovery. Your card is nothing short of elegant. Your colouring is beautiful.
    xxx Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous ...as always! So glad to hear your up and around some ...prayer lifted for you sweet friend (-:

    ReplyDelete
  26. A very beautiful card Carla! and so fitting for what Christmas means to you. Thanks for sharing it with us at C2CU this month.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla