Thursday, May 19, 2011

Mo's Digital Pencil Challenge #83 (and more)

Good afternoon!  Hope you are having a great day!  I'm popping in with a quick post to share a card I made for a few challenges.  First, it is for this week's Mo's DP2 Challenge #83 where the theme was "distressing".  My card is also for this week's Color Throwdown #142 - Black, Lime Green and Dark Gray.  Finally, I used Card Positioning Systems Sketch #218 for my layout.

Here are the CTD colors:


And here is the CPS sketch:


Here is my card for the three challenges:


I started with a card base of GKD heavy base weight white CS.  I used patterned papers from a retired Stampin' Up pack called Urban Oasis to bring in the CTD colors. The patterned papers are layered on SU Basic Gray CS.  I stitched around all the panels and distressed the edges with scissors.  My Mo's image is The Big Guy Golfing.  I colored him with Copic markers then distressed around the image panel with Weathered Wood Distress Ink.  I flipped the CPS sketch to vertical, then finished my card with 3 pewter brads from Making Memories. 

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope to see you again soon!
Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. Hey Carla...another winner, babe!! Love this Mo Manning image...and your coloring is divine!! Great DPs and design!! Thanks for joining us again this week for another fun challenge at Mo's! Hugs. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this image - need to get back to using my Mo's (-:
    great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful coloring! fabulous masculine card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so cute! I really like it =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. so manly!!! I love this, great way to combine your challenges, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Carla, this is adorable! Perfect for all 3 challenges! Thank you for playing in the Color Throwdown with us again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE it, Carla! The distressed, stitched edges are fabulous and your golfer guy looks awesome! Thanks for joining us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a wonderful card for a man! I love the green and gray, and those brads are the perfect accent. Glad you shared it with us in Mo's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well would you looky hear. I LOVE your stitching. I haven't used this guy in awhile. This is perfect for the challenge. Your coloring and paper are a perfect match. Great job Carla and thanks for joining us at Mo's this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Carla!
    This card is 100% awesome! I’m so happy you were able to play with us this week at Mo’s.
    Hugs,
    Dorcas

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla