Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Joan's Gardens Weekly Card Challenge #16

I'm back with a quick post to share the card I made for this week's card challenge on Joan's Gardens' blog.  The requirements this week were the following: use lime green and pink, use a lattice, use leaves to create a vine and use butterflies.

Here is my card:


I started with a card base of Kiwi Kiss and layered with patterned paper from the Basic Grey Sweet Luscious collection.  I punched the trellis from Whisper White with an EK Success punch. I stamped flowers and leaves from these Heartfelt Creations sets: HCPC 3305 Posy Patch Clusters, HCPC 3303 Posy Patch Flowers and HCPC 3314 Elegant Single Leaves with Memento Rich Cocoa directly onto solid DPs from the same Basic Grey Collection.  I cut out the flowers and leaves with the corresponding Heartfelt Creations dies (HCD 701 Posy Patch Dies and HCD 704 Perfect Petals Dies).  I shaped the flowers and leaves a little then layered them over the the trellis.  I popped up another flower on each base flower with Pop-Dots.  The butterflies were punched with a Martha Stewart Large Monarch Butterfly punch.  I added yellow gems to the flower centers and butterfly bodies to finish my card.

Thanks for stopping by!  Have great evening!
Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Oh my word Carla!!!! This is STUNNING!!!! I just LOVE it!!! Gorgeous colors, love how you wove the leaves in and the flowers are gorgeous! WOWEE!!!! Hope you are doing well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carla, I love your colors. I ditto what Grace said. Everything about the card is gorgeous.

    Thanks for join us for Joan's Gardens weekly Card Challenge.

    Joan
    www.atjoansgardens.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is jaw dropping. I love the lattice and your flowers. Such a pretty card. You created a masterpiece here..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card Carla. The butterflies coordinate so pretty with the flowers and designer paper!
    Hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. You included all elements beautifully-very pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful creation Carla! Congratulations on the win at Joan's.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just gorgeous Carla...congrats on your win...you certainly deserve it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla