Thursday, December 6, 2012

Serene Christmas

Hi there!  It's me again!  Can you believe it?  I have another post for today!  If you are looking for my Little Miss Muffet DT post, please click here or scroll down one post.  I am really trying to get a few more Christmas cards done.  It's getting down to the wire and I don't know how I'm going to get everything finished!  I don't know why I do this to myself every year - lol!

Here is my latest Christmas creation:


It's very clean and simple, at least for me.  My card base is GKD Heavy Base Weight White. I next added a panel of silver mirror paper.  It so shiny in real life, but very hard to capture in a photo.  I mitered the corners to look like a frame.  The main image is Winter Trees.  You can find this Gingerloft digi image in the Stitchy Bear Digistamp shop.  The frame is Christmas Framed from Create With TLC.  It was part of Paulette's recent Winter Club.  I merged the two images and printed the merged image onto XPress-It Card.  I added light green highlights to the main trees with my Copics, then added tons of Star Dust Stickles to make them sparkle!  I added New Fallen Snow Glitter to the whole ground area. Some shimmery silver cord and three silver gems from my stash finished my card.

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Tuesday Morning Sketches #175 (sketch)
One Stitch At A Time #142 (anything goes, used a store image)
Forever Friends #50 (fortnightly challenge - glitter and sparkle)
Tuesday Throwdown #126 (white Christmas)
Card Makin' Mamas (silver and/or gold)

Here is TMS-175:



Thanks for dropping by again!  I truly appreciate you visits, especially when I haven't had as much time lately to reciprocate.

Have a great day and hope to see you again soon!
Photobucket

31 comments:

  1. WOWZER!! What a stunning image!! Love the added sparkle to your White Christams design too!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Tuesday Throwdown Challenges! Hope you will join us again next week and good luck! Smiles and Hugs - *Vicki* ~ DT member

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carla, this is gorgeous. The silver is just what all of the white needs to make this a spectacular card. Love it and love these trees.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Carla, sorry I haven't been by in a bit. Between having wrist problems and the busy season it is hard to get it all done as you already know. We can all catch back up with each other after the holidays. I have this stamp but your design with it just blows me away. So very stunning but looks like a easy to mail card. I took 3 square cards to the post office yesterday and because of the thickness they wanted 1.95 to send....need to save my thick ones to hand out, lol!
    Off to see what all I have missed on your blog.
    Have a great day, Patti

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG this is breathtaking Carla!!
    XXX Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! This is unbelievably stunning Carla! I am so going shopping now and I will DEFINITELY be casing this card at some point!
    Lizy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaah, stunning!!!!
    You can just send this to me, lol!

    hugs
    Kerttu

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clean, Simple, Elegant and Gorgeous. It's just stunning, Carla.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shimmery gorgeousness, Carla! I love this card! Fabulous design! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous sweetie ♥ Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful is your card, thank you for joining in our challenge at Forever Friends good luck with the challenge and hope to see you again next time DT Member Sandra H x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this image and you've made a beautiful card with it. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is simply beautiful! I love, love, love the image!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Breathtaking card! Beautiful! Great image! Can't say enough but hope you get the message. Not being leaving many comments as of late but am checking out all your lovely cards.Thanks for your comments. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is stunning Carla!!! I love how you've merged the two images, and I can only imagine what the actual card looks like. I know how hard it is to capture them exactly on photo, especially sparkle and shine. I think I know what my cards are going to look like next year thanks to you :)
    Well done girlie, well done!
    :)S

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW! Gorgeous, Carla! So glad you chose to join our "White Christmas" challenge at Tuesday Throwdown this week. Hope to see you playing along next week, too.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is absolutely, eyecatchingly (is that a word?) fantabulous! So elegant! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is just a spectacularly beautiful Christmas card! Love love love it.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's such a beautiful elegant Christmas card. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Carla, this is so pretty, love the elegance of the card. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  20. so pretty and elegant. gorgeous card, Carla!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a STUNNING tree!! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your scenic card is just stunning!!! You have really out done you self on this one it is outstanding.
    Hugs, Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  23. So gorgeous Carla! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  24. OMGosh, Carla...this card is stunning! That little bit of green and the sparkle totally make this card sing. A real beauty. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  25. All I can say is GORGEOUS! I love simple Christmas cards like these, Carla. Fabulous job.
    Happy Holiday Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  26. My jaw hurts now. I smacked it pretty hard when I saw your card. Carla! This is so stunning!! Holy toledo. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a beautiful image and a gorgeous card. Thanks for playing with us at CMM.x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow Carla, this is one beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla