Monday, December 12, 2011

Peace On Earth

Good morning!  OK, so I shouldn't even be here at the computer since my Christmas cards aren't done and neither is my decorating!  This lingering cold has really sapped my energy and now DH has it, too, so neither one of us accomplished much yesterday.  I have a quick post today to share the card I made for the Flourishes Bring Back Beautiful Challenge - The Beauty of Winter - to create a holiday or winter-themed project.

Here is my card:


It was so hard to get a good photo of my card with all the embossing and metal and the mirror card stock!  This is the best one of over twenty I took!  I used another of the gorgeous stamp sets I won last month.  I purposely kept the design very simple so this wonderful image would be the main focus of the card.  It is from Flourishes The First Noel set.  I stamped it with Versamark onto a metal sheet in Brrr Blue (from Add A Little Dazzle) and heat embossed with silver embossing powder.  I matted the image with a piece of silver mirror card stock and popped it up on a base of GKD heavy white white.  The sentiment, also from The First Noel, was also heat embossed with silver.  A single rhinestone on the star finished my card.

Thanks for stopping by!  Hope to see you again soon!
Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. Wow! Carla, your card looks GORGEOUS!
    Thanks so much for participating in the Bring Back Beautiful challenge.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry you still aren't up to par........but you would never know it by your card, it's gorgeous!!!!! Now take care and rest up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! What a gorgeous card - love the sheer elegance of it!!! Thanks so much for playing the Bring Back Beautiful Challenge!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Carla! I love the embossing on the metals! I am going to have to try that!
    Hope you feel better soon!!
    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carla, this is a beautiful card in my favorite colors too! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic!!! The dark blue and silver is so elegant and beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning sweetie, this is absolutely gorgeous sweetie, hugs pops x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! The blue and silver is gorgeous together! Hope you feel better soon. We are still battling it here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A stunning Christmas card! I don't have my cards done either...yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just splendid, Carla. I love all the embossing and the rhinestone in the star was the perfect finishing touch.
    Blessings on your day,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just gorgeous, Carla. All the silver on that dark blue is fabulous.
    So sorry you and hubby are under the weather...sounds so terrible. Hope you're all well by Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely stunning Carla! Love the silver on blue!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla