Friday, December 9, 2011

Merry & Bright

Good morning!  Yay!  It's Friday!  Hope you've had a good week and you have fun plans for the weekend!  I'm going to be finishing up my Christmas cards and hopefully getting everything in the mail so I can focus on decorating the house next.  Today, I have another Christmas card to share.  It is my DT card for this week's Copic/Promarker Challenge at The Outlawz site.  This week's theme is to make a Christmas card with non-traditional Christmas colors.  I combined it with a couple of other challenges I like to do - this week's The Paper Players Challenge #75 (non-traditional Christmas stamps or colors), the Our Creative Corner Challenge (a sketch challenge) and of course, my favorite challenge of the week, Mo's DP2 Challenge #112 (include a banner or tag). 

Here is the OCCC sketch:


Here is my card for the challenges:


I started with a card base of GKD Bubblegum Pink and layered with patterned papers from the Webster's Pages Botanical Christmas/Winter Fairy Tales Petite Papers pack.  My adorable Mo's image is called Christmas Morn.  It can be found in Mo's store here.  I printed it on Cryogen White and colored it with Copics.  The sentiment is from the JustRite Christmas Nested Sentiments set.  I made a banner with the sentiment and added a little bow and button to it.  Another bigger bow and button finished my card.

Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to go visit the Copic/Promarker Challenge over at The Outlawz and check out the fabulous creations from my wonderful teammies and our awesome December Guest Designer, Shelby!  We would sure love it if you played along!  Not to mention there are some fantastic prizes up for grabs this month if you enter the challenges!

Have a great day and see you soon!
Photobucket

18 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card Carla, I am following you now ! Found you on outlawz !
    many thanks
    chris richards
    xxxxxx

    http://ellascraftcreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so super precious Carla - I really don't even know where to begin!! Love it all :)
    ~hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a precious card! There are so many fabulous details...and your coloring is perfect! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, this is so cute! I love your coloring, and that dp is just perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Carla. You card is so sweet! Your colors are wonderful and the image is just adorable. Thanks for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is such a awesome card!!!! I love the image and the paper, of course I love the pink!!!! Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful color combo! The paper is just scrumptious and I love your coloring...looks just fantastic.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  8. Image is so dang cute and love the colors you chose for it!! Beautiful card Carla with your awesome designing and coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carla, this is just adorable, love the bubble gum pink..and love the row of houses on the bottom.

    Hugs
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is adorable with a capital A. I forgot about this image. You did a great job with this card Carla. I am hoping you have gotten my last 2 emails. I haven't heard back from you and was hoping you were just busy. Let's catch up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sweet, Carla! I just love all those bright, candy colors you've used! Always great to see your work in Mo's Challenge. Welcome to the DT, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely adorable, Carla...I looked at that digi yesterday but didn't get it. Got 3 others, though, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just adorable, your coloring is fantastic! Thanks for joining us this week at Our creative Corner.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Carla...absolutely gorgeous, hunny bunny!! Beautiful coloring...I need THIS Mo image too! hehehe! Sooo dang cute! What a fun, fun, fun card! So tickled that you've joined us this week at Mo's Hugs. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mo's images are all just so adorable and you do such super work with them. Love your pretty ribbon...they're always fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Carla, this is beautiful in every way! Your sading is gorgeous and I love the soft colors you used. That image is stinkin' cute, too. So glad you joined us at Our Creative Corner AND the Paper Players this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Carla, this is soooo cute, love the pinks, greens and purples, perfect for non-traditional Christmas colors. Your coloring of the Mo image is perfect as always :) Great challenge card for the Mo's Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovley card, i love the Bella and Bronte image. Great colours too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla