Saturday, November 1, 2014

November Make it Colourful Challenge

Good morning!  Happy (early) Saturday and 1st of November!  Hope you had fun last night if you were celebrating Halloween and hope your weekend is off to a great start!  I'm not up yet, but I am hoping for a nice, quiet weekend once I am up.  Right now, I am here because it's time for the new Make it Colourful Challenge.  We've got a fun one for you this month!  The challenge is to color any Make it Crafty Christmas image in 15 minutes or less.  Sounds too easy?  Wait until you try it!  And no cheating!  The DT all set timers and recorded our times.  Some of the more technically-savvy DTs (not me!) even did videos of their speed coloring!  There is lots of inspiration on the Make it Colourful Challenge blog.  So go pick yourself a fun MiC Christmas image, start your stopwatches and color away!

Here is my card, made with the image I colored in less than 15 minutes (14.5 to be exact):


My card base and mats are SU Cherry Cobbler and the patterned papers are from the Teresa Collins Santa's List 6x6 pad.  The fun image is Jolly Santa from Make it Crafty.  I colored him super quickly with my Copics.  I picked this cool dude because the line image already has lots of shading to follow.  The sentiment is from Create With TLC.  A triple-loop seam binding bow and a holiday sparkler finished my quick and easy card to go along with the quick coloring!

Here is a close-up of the colored image:


Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to visit the Make it Colourful Challenge and check out the fab projects from the rest of the DT!  You won't believe they've all been colored in less than 15 minutes, but they truly have been.  We hope you will play along this month!

Have a great day and see you soon!
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card with great coloring of that humorous Santa...love your bow!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun and festive card!! That Santa looks really jolly! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooooooo cute, Carla. And, good job getting that coloring done under the challenge time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card Carla, Santa looks so happy, it's so cute..
    aNNie The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous fun card Carla!!
    XXX Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh gosh the time element would get me right off the bat. I'm soooo slow. You did a fantastic job with old St. Nick Carla. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla