Wednesday, August 6, 2014

In My Thoughts

Good morning!  Happy Wednesday!  Hope you are having a good week so far!  We're halfway to the weekend!  Got to love that thought!  Anyway, I am here this morning to share a card I made for a couple of challenges I enjoy doing.  I somehow managed to get this one done in between my DT work.

Here is my card:
 

My card base and mats are SU Gumball Green and the patterned papers are from the Bo Bunny Country Garden 6x6 pad.  The adorable image is Sunflower Sprite from Aurora Wings.  Mitzi generously shared it as a freebie for the current sprite challenge on the blog.  I printed it on MiC Blending Card and colored it with my Copics.  The sentiment is from Create With TLC.  I used the Birds on a Wire metal die from Little Miss Muffet Stamps as a banner at the top. Some eyelet lace (Webster's Pages trim), flowers with buttons and a few pearls finished up my card.
 
Here is a close-up of the colored image:


Thanks for stopping by!  I have a couple of appointments this morning, so I'll be around to visit this afternoon.

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Aurora Wings Challenge #5 (sprite delight)
Hobbycutz Challenge #59 (sketch challenge)
Crafting From the Heart Challenge #30 (anything goes)
Tuesday Throwdown #207 (mellow yellow)

Here is the sketch:

Have a great day and see you soon!
Photobucket

16 comments:

  1. Such a delightful card in classic sunflower colors for a timeless charm, Carla. Your creations are always so elegant and beautiful and this one is no exception. Thank you so much for joining Aurora Wings' Sprite Delight challenge. Good luck!

    Mitzi xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so darn adorable!!!! I love the image and your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your colouring is stunning on this one, love your card also, hugs, Marion

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a super design and an adorable image/card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not sure how you have time to do cards for challenges, but this was certainly is beautifully done! Love your fab coloring, design, papers, palette & details. Fabulous card! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Carol this is beautiful. Love your coloring. Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Throwdown challenge.
    Linda K. DT
    www.ladybugstampers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW Carla love your coloring of the image and love the way you layered the diamond shapes
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts Kids Projects

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful coloring and lovely colors...Hugs, joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is very cute and because it is mainly my high school colors, I really enjoyed looking at it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. cute card and image love the summery colours, great layout and love the bird die.Thank you for joining us at Crafting From The Heart
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing colouring on this little sweetheart! Great depth on the image - fab work :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love this! Great take on the sketch! Thanks for playing at Hobby Cutz!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous colorng and such a fun design, Carla! your work is always a treat. Thanks so much for joining our Sprite Delight Challenge at Aurora Wings. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a cute interpretation of the sketch, I especially love the birds on the wire!

    Thanks so much for playing with us at Hobbycutz! Hope to see you back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely coloring and a great take on the sketch. So interesting!

    Thanks for playing along with us at the Tuesday Throwdown this week.
    kReN@afourthlife.blogspot.com
    TTDT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla