Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Elphine House Australia Challenge #61

Hi there!  Happy Wednesday (at least in Brisbane).  It's still Tuesday night here and it's time for me to share my DT card for this month's Elphine House Australia Challenge.  The theme this month is "recycle or re-use something" for your project.  That leaves it pretty wide open, but please remember that you must use an Elisabeth Bell image.  It can be from any company that carries Elisabeth Bell designs.

Here is my card:
 

My card base and mats are SU Summer Starfruit and the patterned papers are from the Kaisercraft Botanical Odyssey 6.5x6.5 pad.  The sweet image is Emma's Gift of Love from Elphine House Australia.  I stamped her on MiC Blending Card and colored her with my Copics.  My recycled/reused item is the doily in the background.  I lifted it from under a dessert dish at dinner recently.  I actually do that whenever they are still in decent condition.  You never know when a used doily will come in handy  for card projects!  The scalloped border is a diecut from the same paper pad.  A few gems from my stash finished my card.

Here is a close-up of the colored-image:
 

Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to visit the Elphine House Australia challenge blog and check out the gorgeous creations from Lynda and Julie.  We hope you will play along!  You have until Tuesday, September 16th, Brisbane time to enter your project.  Don't forget to use an Elisabeth Bell image.

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Sketch N Stash #145 (sketch)
Craft Your Passion Challenge #226 (at least 3 patterned papers)

Here is the sketch:
 

Have a great evening and see you soon!
Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. Those diagonal panels are so much fun Carla and the doily is a nice feminine touch. Beautiful! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card. Like your layout and colouring is fab. Gail xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable, gorgeous card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the wonderful layers here. I also am drawn to the doily in the background. Great coloring as always!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card, Carla, and nice doily. That's good recycling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute!! Love all the layers and details!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a very sweet card Carla!! Great idea to lift the doily from dessert!! Who doesn't finish dessert, right?!! LOL!! Great coloring! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that re-used doily! And your card is sooo pretty, Carla! Love the design, the papers, the palette, your darling image, and always-wonderful coloring! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card and the papers are so pretty.Your colouring is just lovely and love that you recycled the doily.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carla, this is just lovely. What great colours and colouring and a sweet image.

    Thanks for playing along with us at Craft Your Passion. Lynn, CYP DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. I must apologize for being so behind in commenting. I have been a little sick. Your card is beautiful Carla. I love the wonderful image and how you colored it. Hugs, joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, Carla - this is as stunning as ever and lovely to see this gorgeous Sugar Nellie image - one of my favourites!! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch N Stash this time around, good luck!! Juliexx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla