Saturday, July 5, 2014

Guest Designer - The Sketchy Challenges #76

Hi again!  I'm back, as promised, with a special post for today.  I'm excited to tell you that I was invited to be the guest designer for this month's challenge at The Sketchy Challenges!  Of course, I said yes!  The Sketchy Challenges have gone monthly from now until September and there is also a theme and a twist: to use the sketch or not..  The theme this time is "Christmas".  I always love a chance to add to my Christmas card stash!

Here is the sketch (to use or not):
 

And here is my Christmas card using it:


My card base and mats are SU Cherry Cobbler and the patterned papers are from a couple of Christmas pads in my stash.  Sorry, I don't really know which ones.  The gorgeous image is Scarlett Holly by ching chou kuik from Sweet Pea Stamps.  I colored her with my Copics then added a bit of Shabby White Fran-Tage to the corners.  The sentiment is from Create With TLC.  A dimensional poinsettia sticker and a few pearls from my stash finished my card.

Here is a close-up of the image:


Thanks for stopping by again and thanks to everyone at The Sketchy Challenges for having me as a GD! I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend! See you soon!

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Papertake Weekly (anything goes; optional Christmas)
Loves Rubberstamps #110 (anything goes)
Deep Ocean Challenge #81 (add a sentiment)
The Squirrel and the Fox #73 (Christmas in July)
Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. Very pretty card, Carla. I love the Frantage. It really makes things look Christmasy. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, Carla! I like this Christmas look, even in July.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful Christmas card. I love that image and the Fran-tage gives it such a wintry, snowy look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your well-deserved GDT! And you did a wonderful job with this sketch! Love the pretty papers and image! Fab coloring and Frantage! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card and what a beautiful image.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your GDT :-) I love a nice sketch... this is a beauty, and what you've done with it is FABULOUS; love the image, colours and embellies. Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous coloring and card design, I love it. Congrat's on your good news! Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous, I love the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Carla....Congrats on the Guest Designer position. I love all the layers....Hugs, joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful design! Love everything about it!Thanks so so much for joining us here at Loves Rubber Stamps this time around!
    Hugs, DT Dangina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous project! Thank you so much for linking up with our Anything Goes Challenge over at Loves Rubberstamps x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome layout and the Fran-tage is genius. Beautiful card! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations Carla! Your card is gorgeous. I love your image and your snow.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla