Monday, April 16, 2012

April Showers...

Good morning!  Can't believe it's Monday again!  Hope your week is getting off to a great start!  I have a busy week planned, but still hope to get some crafting in.  Before I get going, I'm popping in to share the card I made for a few challenges I like to do.  It is for the Saturated Canary Challenge #15 (April showers), Colour Create Challenge #94 (blue, yellow and white), Sketch Saturday #203, Simon Says Stamp Challenge (April showers bring spring flowers) and Challenge #41 on Suzanne Dean's Color Me Creative Classroom site (color yellows).

Here is SS-203:


Here is my card for the challenges:


I started with a card base of SU So Saffron and layered with patterned papers from the October Afternoon The Thrift Shop and Sidewalks 8x8 pads.   My cute Saturated Canary image is Let it Rain.  You can find her in Krista's Etsy shop.  I printed her on Cryogen White and colored her mostly in yellows with my Copics (hair: YR24, YR21, YR31, E50; outfit: Y11, Y13, Y15, Y18, Y21).  I added a bit of Stickles and Mint Green Liquid Pearls to her rain boots and umbrella.  My sentiment is from Paulette at Create With TLC.  A few more dots of Liquid Pearls on the scalloped image mat and that was it.

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great day and hope to see you again soon!
Photobucket

22 comments:

  1. Carla, this is so bright & beautiful...I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely job with the "Yellows" Really cute:-)Thank you so much for joining us at Color Me Creative Classroom
    Hugs
    michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh such a sunny happy card. Adore the stamp and wow for all the yellow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous Carla, love the yellow and blue - such happy colors!
    Hugs,
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card!!! I love those images, I must get some soon!!!!
    audrey

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the sweetest card and I love that fancy umbrella. I need one like that this morning...raining here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is a lovely card. The colours are great and the image is so cute. Love the sentiment too.

    Thank you for joining us at Colour Create. :)

    Edna x

    ReplyDelete
  8. eye popping gorgeous! Love the color and that fantastic image!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very beautiful Carla. I love the color combo and your coloring is gorgeous. Love that layout and darling image.

    ReplyDelete
  10. omgosh carla!! that is just stunning. I love the layout and the yellows are so warm and cheery.
    thank you so much for popping in and sharing this with us over on the SC challenge blog
    hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. oooohhhhh how stunning is she in these lush colours Carla, coloured to perfection and your card really made me smile...beautiful
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. More amazing colouring Carla, and love these papers!! Hugs, Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This image is so much fun Carla. I haven't added her to my collection yet....yet. LOL Beautiful job with the yellows. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sunny, warm and cheerful! What a great colouring job to! Thank you for joining us at Colour Create Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful, beautiful. One of my favorite color combinations. Love your papers!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  16. absolutely beautiful and stunning colours!
    Thankyou for joining us on Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog this week
    -x-

    ReplyDelete
  17. Carla, WOW!!! I just love your card. You did a stunning job on your card. You colored your image perfect with your yellow's. I'm so glad you join in on the challenge at CMC. Good luck on the challenge.
    Hugsxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. So bright and sunny - even for a 'rainy' card!! love the soft yellows and gorgeous papers ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Bright and beautiful card in yellow :)

    acfi calculator

    ReplyDelete
  20. A gorgeous card Carla, love the sunshine yellow and sparkles. Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  21. I soooo love this image!! Must purchase soon!! Very pretty card!! Love the layers of DP. Thanks for playing along at CMC, Carla!

    ReplyDelete
  22. so pretty.. love your coloring..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla