Saturday, January 31, 2015

Sketch Saturday #346

Good morning!  Happy Saturday!  Hope your weekend is off to a great start!  The sun is shining here in central Alabama and although it's a bit on the cool side right now, it's supposed to be a nice day today!  Looking forward to getting out to enjoy it.  I am here now with my DT post for this week's Sketch Saturday Challenge.  Our sponsor this week is Drawn With Character, who are offering the lucky winner three digis of their choice from the Drawn With Character shop.


I chose Sketch #297, designed by Vannessa, for my project:


Here is my card:
 

My card base and mats are SU Rose Red and the patterned papers are from the My Mind's Eye Jubilee Sherbert 6x6 pad.  The beautiful image is Magnolia Flowers from Make it Crafty.  It's one of the newly-released floral images.  They are all gorgeous!  I colored it in a watercolor style using my Copics.  The Cherish sentiment is from the Doodle Love Word Chipboard Set and is also from Make it Crafty.  I just love this new line of chipboard sentiments! A triple-loop seam binding bow finished my card. 

Here is a close-up of the colored image:
 

Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to visit the Sketch Saturday blog and check out the gorgeous creations from the rest of the Saturday Girls and our Guest Designer for January, Kerrie!  We hope you will play along!

I am entering my card in the following challenge:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge (anything goes)

Have a wonderful day!
Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. Oh my I love Magnolia's and these are stunning!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This flower girl loves your magnolia card, Carla! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge "Anything Goes"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Carla. You've colored those magnolias in beautiful softness and I love the sweet chippie piece. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty Carla!!
    XXX Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, such a pretty image and sooo beautifully coloured Carla.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunningly beautiful, Carla. Enjoy your Sunday. Hope today is as nice as yesterday for you. We are getting more snow starting tonight into tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card and fab colouring. Gail x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh Carla - this is simply elegant!! Love the rose red with that paper - great bow too! Just LOVE it! Hugs D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla